ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT- IHS payment for babies - application outside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

y1121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

URGENT- IHS payment for babies - application outside the UK

Post by y1121 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:13 am

Hello all

We submitted the online application for our babies' ILR dependent visa on 10th October where it had calculated the IHS as GBP 0. The biometrics were submitted on 12th October 2017.

On 03 January 2018, we finally heard back from the home office saying that there was a bug in their system that showed children were exempt from paying the IHS. This is not the case and we need to pay it. We have 7 working days to pay failing which the application will be refused. They provided the following link :
https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start

However, this link takes us to the IHS webpage where on signing in, there isn't an option to pay if the application has been made outside the UK!!!

We have contacted the following email addresses: VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk , ihs.sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk , VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

We have made multiple phone calls on the contact number provided in the email, but they haven't been able to help. The last thing they informed us was that our complaint/ query had been escalated and so we should hear back from them in the next 15 days!!!! :shock:

Today is the 6th working day since the original email, and we are running out of time. We are absolutely at our wits end and have exhausted all sources of inquiry that we could think of.

We have noticed a couple of posts where others were in the same situation, but there has been no follow up to their posts and we have no idea if the IHS dept got back to them in time??? We have twins and the idea of making 2 new applications, waiting for 3 more months as well as paying the fees again is just not an option right now :!: :!:

Can anyone please help?? Any ideas of how we could make the payment/ contact IHS would be appreciated.

Also, worst case scenario, if the home office does refuse our kids' visas, what would be the options left to us?

Please help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT- IHS payment for babies - application outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:03 pm
Can you please refrain from tagging onto every topic you find, especially those from 2016. Start your own topic please. Not sure why you are not just paying the IHS instead of waiting for a response from them, which you are unlikely to get. Pay the Health Surcharge (click) which was in the link HO has provided you.
As already advised and link provided.

If refused, you will have to reapply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

y1121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y1121 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:03 pm
Can you please refrain from tagging onto every topic you find, especially those from 2016. Start your own topic please. Not sure why you are not just paying the IHS instead of waiting for a response from them, which you are unlikely to get. Pay the Health Surcharge (click) which was in the link HO has provided you.
As already advised and link provided.

If refused, you will have to reapply.
Like I explained in my post, the link works only for applications made from within the UK.

As to making new applications, I really think its not fair considering it wasn't our fault there is a bug in the home office's system. And we don't know if the bug has been fixed yet. Even if we forget about the >3000 GBP that we have already paid for the previous applications, what's to say they won't do the same again?!

y1121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y1121 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 am

Just to clarify :

As mentioned in the subject, the applications were made outside the UK

I have screenshots of when I was trying to pay through the link so helpfully provided by the HO, but I don't know how to post them here.

So here is what happens: after logging in and selecting new application, there are 2 questions
  • Are you applying from within the UK
    Are you applying to stay in Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey
When replied in negative to both, it only gives the message that I don't need to continue as I am required to pay IHS as I'm applying from outside the UK. There is no option provided to pay!

Has anyone else been in the same situation. I'll be grateful for any help/ advise.

Dilshod
United Kingdom

Post by Dilshod » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi there
I hope you have sorted the IHS problem for your kids and has a good outcome?
Would you mind to tell us what happened next as my case is currently similar except they have not contacted me yet about IHS. I have escalated it and waiting for a reply?
Tnx

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:21 am

y1121 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 am
Just to clarify :

As mentioned in the subject, the applications were made outside the UK

I have screenshots of when I was trying to pay through the link so helpfully provided by the HO, but I don't know how to post them here.

So here is what happens: after logging in and selecting new application, there are 2 questions
  • Are you applying from within the UK
    Are you applying to stay in Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey
When replied in negative to both, it only gives the message that I don't need to continue as I am required to pay IHS as I'm applying from outside the UK. There is no option provided to pay!

Has anyone else been in the same situation. I'll be grateful for any help/ advise.
Hi, I am in same position as you were in? I have been advised by UK Decision Making Centre that they have requested IHS team to send my payment link for the child. However it has been 7 working days but no link came through yet.
I need to prepare myself for course of action in case the link does not work? I have read few posts about this but those people had this problem do not update for others about how it ended and sorted?

Therefore could you kindly update us so we could benefit from your experience? Thank you