ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) help with question regarding children from previous relatioship please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AccessDenied
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) help with question regarding children from previous relatioship please

Post by AccessDenied » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello everyone

I hope you can help us

I am a UK citizen and my wife is currently here in the UK on a spouse visa. Her visa runs out at the end of next month so we are applying to extend the visa which will take her to the 5 years required for ILR. Part of the online application asks if I have been married or in a civil partnership before or had children with anyone other than my wife. I have children with a previous partner but we were not married so we select 'YES' and then provide details of my ex partner which includes a sentence saying that we 'Had children together but were not married or in a civil partnership'. Now this is where we get a little confused. The next question asks if I 'have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?' Well I do have two sons who are non dependent and are 18 and 21 years old so technically not children. They do not live with me they live with there mother. Do we select 'No' because they are adults or do we select 'Yes'? If we select yes then we are asked for their details (name d.o.b. etc). It the goes on to ask who the other parent is and gives me the option to select my previous partners name which then asks us to 'provide details about this child's parent. Include the other parent's name, address and their level of contact or parental responsibility'. I can provide this information but we also have to tick the following boxes but we are unable to provide all of the documents

1 Provide evidence of Mrs ************ relationship with **********, for example a birth or adoption certificate My wife's relationship with my sons is as a friend and there are no documents to provide

2 Evidence of where Mr ********* other parent lives - such as utility bills.It was not an good split when I separated from my ex and there is no way she will provide any documents

3 Birth certificate of both of Mr *********** parents I can provide my birth certificate but there is no way my ex will provide her birth certificate.

So do we select yes with the Does Mr ********** have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?

And what can we do regarding the documents we cannot supply?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Annap0201
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: FLR (M) help with question regarding children from previous relatioship please

Post by Annap0201 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:57 pm

How did you go with this?
I’m in a similar situation with this one.
I can’t provide my ex husband’s birth certificate or utility bills- we don’t speak!
He and our children live in Australia- they aren’t going to live here and they aren’t British so I don’t see the relevance of the questions.
I’m actually going mad, fearing that I’ll be refused FLR and be sent back to Australia to live on the streets!

edge02
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: FLR (M) help with question regarding children from previous relatioship please

Post by edge02 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:50 am

Hello! Any update on this one? I have the same issue though my stepson is only 6 y/o but he's living with his mom and visits us every weekends.