ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

investment amount transfer to UK under T1E

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amadeus53
Newly Registered

investment amount transfer to UK under T1E

Post by amadeus53 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 am

Hi Folks

Need to know if the investment fund to be transferred to UK personal account upon approval of your application need to be transferred from same account which was shown during the application?

Since the account shown for this purpose cannot be used ow due to some country regulations for outside country transfer and a foreign currency account is needed for that purpose, so is it ok to transfer from other account by transferring money there after conversion into pounds?

Also if i use services of money transfer companies to transfer fund, is it fine too?

Or if some funds are transferred from a different country other then the one from where i applied since i do business over there as well will this be acceptable as well?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: investment amount transfer to UK under T1E

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:58 am

Not really. You can use any approach to transfer the funds to your UK personal account first and then to your business account.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

infinitesmile

Post by infinitesmile » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 pm

So it means that no need to bring money from overseas if you can transfer from personal to business from here in UK then it should be fine.
What about the possession of money for continuous 3 years until it's disposable to UK. What about this issue???
And how will you prove the money trail?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:52 pm

infinitesmile wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 pm
So it means that no need to bring money from overseas if you can transfer from personal to business from here in UK then it should be fine.
What about the possession of money for continuous 3 years until it's disposable to UK. What about this issue???
And how will you prove the money trail?
Say, you get a visa in June 2017 and only invest the money in June 2018, the actual investment can be money that is in UK.
However, if HO asks, then you will need to show that the money was still with you in the overseas account until June 2018. Bank statements or bank letter for that should be good enough.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

infinitesmile

Post by infinitesmile » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi macnarth, the OP is saying that he could not show the amount from overseas bank account which he showed for the initial application.
So, how could he show the bank statement then to show the availability of the funds?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm

infinitesmile wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm
Hi macnarth, the OP is saying that he could not show the amount from overseas bank account which he showed for the initial application.
So, how could he show the bank statement then to show the availability of the funds?
OP only said that the original account cannot be used for transfer funds overseas.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.