ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR update

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marialear

LTR update

Post by marialear » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I think a few people have touched on this before. Long Term Residency applications are now being subject to the applicant submitting a "Original, up to date Police Clearance Certificate from county of origin & any other country resided in besides Ireland" I just got the letter in the post today.

This is a new addition & is not listed in the documents that you have to send them on the website but I guess now they want it. The LTR section of the INIS website still lists only copies of work permits, GNIB cards & passport pages be sent. I would advise anyone who is waiting for LTR (& those who are planning to apply) to submit this Police Cert without delay.

Well, that adds another few months to my wait.......

victor8600

Re: LTR update

Post by victor8600 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:19 pm

marialear wrote:.... I would advise anyone who is waiting for LTR (& those who are planning to apply) to submit this Police Cert without delay.
Well, if the queue to get LTR is as long as now, your Police Cert will be out of date by the time anyone looks at it. And you will be asked to submit one again. Do not believe me, though, check with the immigration officer handling your case.
All your base are belong to us

room1102

Re: LTR update

Post by room1102 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:06 pm

marialear wrote:Hi everyone,

I think a few people have touched on this before. Long Term Residency applications are now being subject to the applicant submitting a "Original, up to date Police Clearance Certificate from county of origin & any other country resided in besides Ireland" I just got the letter in the post today.

This is a new addition & is not listed in the documents that you have to send them on the website but I guess now they want it. The LTR section of the INIS website still lists only copies of work permits, GNIB cards & passport pages be sent. I would advise anyone who is waiting for LTR (& those who are planning to apply) to submit this Police Cert without delay.

Well, that adds another few months to my wait.......
hi Maria

i applied to the LTR few months after you. i got a question. the letter you got from the INIS asking for the police certificates for the country of your origin and wherever you resided before you came to ireland. did it mention how long it is going to take them to process your LTR application before they grant you the LTR once when you have submitted all the original police certificates OR as usual, the INIS never mentioned anything in your letter after they asked the question?

thx

marialear

Post by marialear » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:46 pm

room 1102,

You got it - I wrote them back (letter & email) asking how long I'd be waiting for the LTR once I submit my updated police cert & they just re-sent the same letter to me again with no answers.

I have since got another set of fingerpirnts taken by the Garda & sent in the request to the RCMP for another police criminal record check. I had previously gotten a criminal record check done in August 2006 when I applied for Irish citizenship but they won't accept this copy as it's not current...sigh....It's going to take 5 months according to RCMP website - so I'm waiting until end of the Summer '08 at least.

Again, the dangling carrott......

If I hear anything further, I'll be sure to post it on the forum!

Good luck

Maria

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:12 am

Hi Marialear,

Have you applied for LTR in August 2006?

Why did you provide a police criminal record for your Irish citizenship application, because I don't remember any such requirement when I applied in August 2005?

Regards,

Mendo
________
RAM 50
Last edited by mendo on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marialear

Post by marialear » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:54 am

No, it wasn't a requirement as listed anywhere, I just got one to send in anyway. Just a way to say " Hey, I don't have a criminal record in Canada either! (so give me my Irish citizenship please!) :)

M
oh, and yes, I applied for LTR in Aug 06 as well.

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:15 am

Thank you very much for the update.

So, very slowly, the LTRs are still processed.
Last time I've heard they were still processing the applications from July 2006.

My wife reapplied in December 2006 and God knows when is she going to get any sort of answer/update.

Regards,

Mendo

P.S I've applied for naturalization in early August 2005 and I haven't heard anything yet, even though a month a go they say they are processing applications from "early august 2005".
I'll wait another week and I'll send them a letter.
________
Mercedes-Benz Type 300 Specifications
Last edited by mendo on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 am

INIS Web Site says "August 2005" not August.2006. Have you applied in 2005 or 2006?

Regards

Chirl
mendo wrote:Thank you very much for the update.

So, very slowly, the LTRs are still processed.
Last time I've heard they were still processing the applications from July 2006.

My wife reapplied in December 2006 and God knows when is she going to get any sort of answer/update.

Regards,

Mendo

P.S I've applied for naturalization in early August 2006 and I haven't heard anything yet, even though a month a go they say they are processing applications from "early august 2006".
I'll wait another week and I'll send them a letter.

ac3340
Newly Registered

Post by ac3340 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:00 pm

It’s good to hear the update, me too submitted the application for LTR on 15th August 2006, I didn’t hear anything at all yet, or asked for any other documents,

Is the processing very very slow or they lost my file? I tried to ring them but couldn’t get through

I can see Maria applied on 14th August 2006,

Regards

Avi

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Sorry guys,

I meant to say "early August 2005" for both my application and the INIS update at the moment.

Again, I've applied in 2005, sorry for the confussion.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Loratab rehab dicussion
Last edited by mendo on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marialear

Post by marialear » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:15 pm

ac3340,

The INIS phone line is particularly difficult to get an answer as they only have the line open to deal with LTR on MWF 10:00am-12:30pm (it's under option 3 prompt when asked).

If I have to call them I start dialing about 9:55am & keep going until the lines open at 10am. I usually find that I can get someone quick enough or at least be put into the helpline queue & wait my turn.

Have your reference number handy (69/....) as they will ask for this even before you can start your question. If you applied in Aug '06 like me I would assume that you would be getting something from them soon enough but try calling on Monday to ask for sure.

Regards
Maria

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:31 pm

What did you get from them?

Regards

Chirl
marialear wrote:ac3340,

The INIS phone line is particularly difficult to get an answer as they only have the line open to deal with LTR on MWF 10:00am-12:30pm (it's under option 3 prompt when asked).

If I have to call them I start dialing about 9:55am & keep going until the lines open at 10am. I usually find that I can get someone quick enough or at least be put into the helpline queue & wait my turn.

Have your reference number handy (69/....) as they will ask for this even before you can start your question. If you applied in Aug '06 like me I would assume that you would be getting something from them soon enough but try calling on Monday to ask for sure.

Regards
Maria

marialear

Post by marialear » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Just the letter asking for the updated Police Clearance cert from my country of origin (& any other countries I have lived in).

M

ac3340
Newly Registered

Post by ac3340 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:11 pm

Maria,
Thanks for that, I still dont understand why does it takes so long,
But there is nothing we can do so keep waiting for this letter

Regards

marialear

Post by marialear » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:03 am

Hi everyone,

As we talked about, we've got to send in clear police certs from all the countries we have ever lived in as part of the LTR system (but not until asked). I tried to get INIS to take my 2-year old clear RCMP cert but they wouldn't so I have to get a new one. I've sent in the request to the RCMP end of March 2008 but it will take about 4-5 months to hear back.

Anyway, my question was to them: "ok, I'll get the updated police cert but can you assure me that as soon as this cert is received by the INIS Dept, my LTR application be processed asap?" I dreaded the idea that I would have to be waiting any longer than I have been (I'm 88weeks now as of last Tuesday).

Of course, no reply. 3 emails, 1 formal letter and hours on the INIS MWF helpline. I wrote them another email on Thurs asking for someone to please respond personally to my query, that I deserve an answer and basically I'm not going to go away. Sure enough while I was on hold with INIS helpline on Friday morning, my mobile rings and it's a rep from INIS. They assured me that as soon as the RCMP cert is in, they will process my application within a few days.

Anyway, that's my story. So, we'll see around August 2008 what the result will be. Good luck everyone, keep at them, like many public services all over the world, they will usually respond eventually if for no other reason then just to shut you up!!

Regards,
M

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:18 am

marialear wrote:Hi everyone,

As we talked about, we've got to send in clear police certs from all the countries we have ever lived in as part of the LTR system (but not until asked). I tried to get INIS to take my 2-year old clear RCMP cert but they wouldn't so I have to get a new one. I've sent in the request to the RCMP end of March 2008 but it will take about 4-5 months to hear back.

Anyway, my question was to them: "ok, I'll get the updated police cert but can you assure me that as soon as this cert is received by the INIS Dept, my LTR application be processed asap?" I dreaded the idea that I would have to be waiting any longer than I have been (I'm 88weeks now as of last Tuesday).

Of course, no reply. 3 emails, 1 formal letter and hours on the INIS MWF helpline. I wrote them another email on Thurs asking for someone to please respond personally to my query, that I deserve an answer and basically I'm not going to go away. Sure enough while I was on hold with INIS helpline on Friday morning, my mobile rings and it's a rep from INIS. They assured me that as soon as the RCMP cert is in, they will process my application within a few days.

Anyway, that's my story. So, we'll see around August 2008 what the result will be. Good luck everyone, keep at them, like many public services all over the world, they will usually respond eventually if for no other reason then just to shut you up!!

Regards,
M
hi Maria

i hope you took down that person's name! as they might might say to you that they have never promise you anything when you send in you rcmp cert. i applied for the rcmp cert in 2005. it took about 4 to 5 months so it is pretty standard in rcmp because they have so many people applying for the rcmp certs after 911. good luck on that.

m

greentea

Post by greentea » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:12 am

I had a friend who got LTR last year. According to him, he received the approval 2 months after he submitted the police clearance certificate.

greentea

Post by greentea » Wed May 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Finally, today I recieved my long waiting LTR 5 years letter almost 20 months after i sent out my application.
Just to share some information, as I know many of people on board are waiting for it.
Before the approval, I was asked to submitted an up to dated police clearance certificate from my home country. 3weeks after I sent the certificate, I received the approval letter.

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu May 22, 2008 7:44 am

Congratulations greentea!

When did you apply, exactly?

Mendo
________
Smoke kills
Last edited by mendo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

marialear

Post by marialear » Thu May 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Greentea - that is awesome! Congrats Congrats! Finally, someone out there with a positive result!!!! Whoo hoo!

Maria

greentea

Post by greentea » Thu May 22, 2008 10:32 pm

mendo wrote:Congratulations greentea!

When did you apply, exactly?

Mendo
a little complicated. I initially submitted my application on 1st sept 06 by registered post. Then when I called to ask the updates in early dec06, I was told that they had never received the application. I almost had a heart attack.
So, I submitted the application again with a complaining letter and the an post receipt for previous application in mid Dec06. Afterwards, I called a few time just to make sure they received it this time. They always quoted the date of the application was in Dec06. I was actually very surprised that I was asked for the police clearance certificate in early april08....
Anyway, I went to GNIB and got my passport stamped for 5 years. such a relief .
Last edited by greentea on Sat May 24, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marialear

Post by marialear » Fri May 23, 2008 10:32 am

Hey everyone,

Some good news - I recieved my RCMP police check much sooner that I originally thought & have since forwarded it to INIS with cover letter via registered post.

I called the helpline this morning (Fri. May 23rd) & they said they have not recieved it as of yet but that when they do get it they will send me a letter stating so. Greentea, did they do this with you or did you just get the LTR approval letter a few weeks after sending it?

I asked about the waiting time from recieving the Police check and getting a LTR decision and she said she didn't know (surprise!) Just got the usual "there is a big backlog....unsure of waiting time....blah blah).

I'm so afraid that it won't come through - it's so close and the waiting is killing me!!!!!! I don't want to get my hopes up until I actually see the approval leter but it's difficult not to.

M

greentea

Post by greentea » Fri May 23, 2008 7:55 pm

marialear wrote:Hey everyone,

Greentea, did they do this with you or did you just get the LTR approval letter a few weeks after sending it?

M
Hi there, they issued the approval letter 14working days from the day when I posted my police clearance certificate. I didn't get any updates in between. check an post web tracking system, you will find if the letter is delivered or not.

Best Luck

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Fri May 23, 2008 8:14 pm

I applied in Sep 2006 and yet didn't hear back from them so I am sure your application was considered made as of Sep 2006 (and not Dec 2006) - I mean internally!

Obviously they won't admit it as they made the mess themselves :wink:

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat May 24, 2008 6:43 pm

marialear wrote:Hey everyone,

Some good news - I recieved my RCMP police check much sooner that I originally thought & have since forwarded it to INIS with cover letter via registered post.

I called the helpline this morning (Fri. May 23rd) & they said they have not recieved it as of yet but that when they do get it they will send me a letter stating so. Greentea, did they do this with you or did you just get the LTR approval letter a few weeks after sending it?

I asked about the waiting time from recieving the Police check and getting a LTR decision and she said she didn't know (surprise!) Just got the usual "there is a big backlog....unsure of waiting time....blah blah).

I'm so afraid that it won't come through - it's so close and the waiting is killing me!!!!!! I don't want to get my hopes up until I actually see the approval leter but it's difficult not to.

M
hi maria

just wondering. the letter from doj looking for the police certs. does it say all the countries you have lived in or just the one you have lived in after you became adult??

thx