ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A priority Tier 2 app that's still pending for almost A YEAR NOW

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deji206
Newly Registered
Nigeria

A priority Tier 2 app that's still pending for almost A YEAR NOW

Post by deji206 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 am

Hello dear experts and esteemed advisers,

I submitted a priority application from 22/02/2017 and as I type, it's still pending am I do not know what to do anymore or where to start.

Almost 2 months after the submission of my priority application through my solicitors, after consistent follow-ups, we (myself and solicitors) received a letter from the UKVI to proceed with the Bio-metrics. Roughly a month after that, we received a letter from HO (home office) that unfortunately, the application will take longer as it brought up complex issues. "complex issues" which I believe was caused by the fact that I was initially on a Tier 4 visa, just before it expired, I tendered an FLRO application just to buy me some more time as my workplace at the time just applied for their sponsor licence. When I was ready to submit the tier 2 (general), I requested a withdrawal of the FLRO and submitted the tier 2 and it got refused because the level of pay I was on didn't support the length of time (5yrs) I applied for.

Then I submitted a priority application reducing the length of time applied for (3 yrs). and this is where we are at the moment. The solicitors through all this time have been trying to chase up the application but have not been successful. The last I heard was a letter (HO) sent to my workplace and my workplace refused to tell me if they responded to the letter in good time or at all. And my workplace seems to be tired of the whole thing and they have definitely got someone else for my role as I don't have right to work (my right to work was bridged when the first tier 2 application was refused) but the CoS is still active as I'm sure if it's not, they would have refused the application. What else can I do as I am in a state of dilemma. It feels like my whole life is on a pause. I have a miss and we are planning to get married (NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF STAY) but we can't due to all my doc is with HO. What can I do please? Suggestions, please!
Someone suggested I could write to the caseworker at HO requesting permission to proceed with the marriage. what do you think?

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Re: A priority Tier 2 app that's still pending for almost A YEAR NOW

Post by silverbridge » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:31 am

quick question:
did you apply from within UK or outside UK?

I might be able to give you few hints to escalate things up if you applied from within UK.
i am in a similar situation, but more straightforward. awaiting 9 months so far. but managed to escalate everything up and got an e-mail today asking me to pay extra 100 quid to my health surcharge.

deji206
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by deji206 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks, Silverbridge.

Yes, the application was made within the UK.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 pm

deji206 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 am
Thanks, Silverbridge.

Yes, the application was made within the UK.
You might want to contact your local MP as well
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 am

This is what I was about to suggest.

First: exhaust al the complaint processes. e-mail UKVI customer service, call the Call Center and get a log number for your call. and keep record of everything.

Find who is your local MP by googling it, then e-mail him with all the details. they will contact the home office on your behalf and get your a reply within no time.

if all of the above fails, contact Ombudsman through their phone number. they will send a letter of intervention to UKVI

Hope this will help