ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can spouse apply for ILR straight away?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marvinvv
Newly Registered

Can spouse apply for ILR straight away?

Post by marvinvv » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:31 am

Finally have the kids unabridged birth certs from Home Affairs SA, so have not been on forum for several weeks.

Can my wife can enter UK on spouse visa, take the life in the UK test and then apply for ILR straight away?

As before we have been married or in a civil partnership and living together for 4 years outside of the UK prior to making the application.

I was planning on using the VAF4 and applying for spouse visa only,

Regrds
M

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:45 am

Victoria mentionned the possibility. My guess is that for ILR, you won't be able to use SET(M) and may have to use SET(O).

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:50 pm

13.16 - Entry clearance endorsements wrote: Where an applicant has satisfied all of the requirements for ILE, except the KOL requirement, they should be granted two years leave to enter. During this time they can, at any point, satisfy the KOL requirement and then apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. The following endorsement should be used:

D: SETTLEMENT: SPOUSE/CP (KOL REQ): 2 years: Code 1
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.