ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility EEA PR, British partner > 10 yrs

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tentacles
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Eligibility EEA PR, British partner > 10 yrs

Post by tentacles » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Hello, and thanks in advance for any replies (and apologies for reposting this - it got lost as part of another question I had making it look like it had been replied to)

I've been looking into a PR application for my EEA wife who has lived in the UK for over 10 years. We have been together for over 10 years, and she has no disqualifying absences. We also have two children born in the UK including one born over 10 years ago, and both are British. We were married around 18 months ago. Before that time (and again for more than 10 years) we lived together. As far as I understand, as my wife has not been for any continuous five year period either a student or employee (because of her looking after our children) she cannot apply for PR by that route and in any case didn't have private medical insurance when a student.

I believe she will need to apply with me as her sponsor. I was born in the UK, have always lived here, and have been employed continuously for just short of 10 years.

I've already asked and kindly had answered a question about the state benefits section but now am having doubts on the eligibility.

What I want to know is if she should be eligible on the basis of the above. I've interpreted the route as 'family member of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident'. Does this seem valid?

Thank you

(in case you are wondering this application is to be able to apply for British Citizenship in case the government makes it more difficult, or expensive)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility EEA PR, British partner > 10 yrs

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Please continue in your existing topic. It is not 'lost' and there is no need to repost it again.

eea-route-applications/eligibility-of-e ... l#p1584511

See also Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.