ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP -> ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aix

HSMP -> ILR

Post by aix » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:24 am

I will soon be applying for ILR on the basis of work permits + HSMP.

At the moment I am in full-time permanent employment. I understand there is no strict requirement for HSMP holders to provide a letter from their employer when applying for ILR. However, I thought I'd still bring one with me to Croydon.

Now, is there anything in particular I should ask my company to put in this letter? The standard letter would state dates I've been employed by them and salary details. Should I ask them to include any further details?

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:44 am

Can you apply FLR in person at Croydon? I thought people can only apply in post, am I right?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:46 am

Can you apply FLR in person at Croydon? I thought people can only apply in post, am I right?
You can apply in person but the cost is £250 as against a postal application fee of £150. Also you need to call up Croydon and book your appointment 2 weeks in advance.

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:54 am

May I ask where did you get the information? I cannot find that you can apply in person in the HSMP guidance. Many thanks in advance.

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:00 am

Staines and Mwazir -

Aix is applying for I(definite) Leave to Remain at Croyden, not F(urther) Leave to Remain. You can not apply for FLR in person.

regards
marr1a

p.s. Mwazir, congrats on getting your FLR, I sent for mine the same day you did but I have not sent an urgent request ... so i wait patiently.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:04 am

You will not find ILR information in HSMP guidelines, you will have to look at their website for Indefinate leave to remain in the country. A lot of other categories also lead to settlement. In this case its WP combined with some amount of time spent on HSMP

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... oydon.html

aix

Post by aix » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:14 pm

Going back to the original question ;-), does anyone have any views as to what information I should ask my employer to put in the letter, apart from the dates/salary?

Thanks

aix

Post by aix » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:12 am

anyone?

John
United Kingdom

Form SET(O)

Post by John » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:52 am

Aix, if you look at the Form SET(O) that you will need to complete and submit it does mention the need to submit certain specific types of evidence. That includes wage slips, obviously issued by your employer.

Do submit all the items that the form specifies. There is no mention of a letter from your employer. I suppose it would do no harm in you also submitting a simple letter saying something like :-

To Whom it may concern

Mr XYZ has been employed by this company since dd/mm/yy as a (job description). He is currently earning £x pa and is a well-respected member of staff.

So basically, a simple letter saying how long you have been employed and how much you earn. But such a letter is not a requirement as such .... payslips etc are.

aix

Re: Form SET(O)

Post by aix » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:03 am

John,

Thanks for your reply. I am definitely bringing my payslips and bank statements to demonstrate economic activity.

As to the letter, I think I'll just get a standard one confirming emplyment dates and the salary, and be done with it.

-aix