ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angel123
Newly Registered
India

Tier1 extension

Post by Angel123 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Hello everyone as I m new member in this forum and I have applied for tier1 entrepreneur extension in September 1st week and I m still waiting for reply and my question is can I sponsor my parents to come UK because my wife is pregnant and we need support so please help me on this
Many thanks

shahbaz jamil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 extension

Post by shahbaz jamil » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:38 am

hi mate,
would you mind to show your timeline plz, & yes you can sponsor your parents but after getting extension,

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:50 am

Angel123 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 pm
Hello everyone as I m new member in this forum and I have applied for tier1 entrepreneur extension in September 1st week and I m still waiting for reply and my question is can I sponsor my parents to come UK because my wife is pregnant and we need support so please help me on this
Many thanks
Your extension has nothing to do with your ability to "sponsor" your parents. Your parents can come on a standard visa which does not need any sponsorship at all. A letter of support to show accommodation possibly helps but it is not a formal sponsorship as such.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi,

My application is in progress and I applied for my parents visa.I gave my flat lease docs and mention in cover letter(my wife is not well and our application is in progress).My father provided all other docs like bank and job related from back home so they got visa in three weeks.

One of my friend sponsored his parents and he got rejection as his application was in process.

So choice is yours how you like to apply?

Thanks,

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:08 pm

amit8910 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm
Hi,

My application is in progress and I applied for my parents visa.I gave my flat lease docs and mention in cover letter(my wife is not well and our application is in progress).My father provided all other docs like bank and job related from back home so they got visa in three weeks.

One of my friend sponsored his parents and he got rejection as his application was in process.

So choice is yours how you like to apply?

Thanks,
Well, I am sceptical that the reason for refusal was your friends application status.

I have had my parents, my in-laws, brother, etc. visit me at various times. I generally give a letter that just says that they will be staying at my place. Never had a problem.

But these were all relatively short visits - max 2 months and it never was during an application processing phase. So, it is not the same.

Anyway, good luck with the same.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.