ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form SET(O) updated to 16/01/18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Form SET(O) updated to 16/01/18

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 am

Hi All,

Apologies if this shouldn't be here.

Just an update, Form SET(O) is now updated as of 16/01/18. In case anyone who is still to apply and is using an outdated version of SET(O).

Click here to access it.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Form SET(O) updated to 16/01/18

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 am

What is changed?

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am

When it got updated? it says 16th January. But I just posted the dependent application yesterday 17th morning. I didn't check yesterday. But i am sure I checked on 16th.
Will the application becomes invalid? Please advice.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 am

ilr-dep wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am
When it got updated? it says 16th January. But I just posted the dependent application yesterday 17th morning. I didn't check yesterday. But i am sure I checked on 16th.
Will the application becomes invalid? Please advice.
No, You would still have 21 days.

''Requirement: a specified application form
Paragraph 34(1) of the rules sets out that the application must be made on a
specified application form. There is a specified form for all types of application for
leave to remain. An application form is specified when it is posted on the visa and
immigration pages of the GOV.UK website. It may be an online or a paper form.
Some application routes have both paper and online forms, some only online, and
some only paper.
The application form must be specified for the immigration category under which the
applicant is applying.
When applying on a paper form, an applicant must normally use a current version of
the paper specified application form. However; where the applicant submits an
application on a previous version of an application form, this will be treated as made
on a specified form so long as, at the date the application is, the version they use:
• is no more than 21 days out of date

• was previously specified for the immigration category under which the applicant
is applying
Paper forms are marked with the version number and the date they are valid from.
An application made on a previous version of a specified application form must still
meet the other requirements of paragraph 34 of the rules. This includes paying the
correct fee specified by the fee regulations on the date of application, not the fee
stated on the previous version of the form which may be different.
For information on how to calculate the date of application see: Date of application:
original application.
If an applicant submits a form containing pages from more than one version, you
must check all of the information requirements of the current version are met. If it
contains all the information required, you can accept the application form.
If an applicant has not applied on the correct specified form, you may write to them
telling them the correct form and give them 10 working days to submit that form. If
they do not do this, you should normally reject the application as invalid using the
notice of invalidity template: ICD 4946 on Doc Gen.
''

Click here and go to page page 5
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 am

You are allowed to use an old application form as long as it's within 21 days of the new coming out, it makes sense because some people will apply a day or two before they publish a new form.

"When applying on a paper form, an applicant must normally use a current version of
the paper specified application form. However; where the applicant submits an
application on a previous version of an application form, this will be treated as made
on a specified form so long as, at the date the application is, the version they use:
• is no more than 21 days out of date
• was previously specified for the immigration category under which the applicant
is applying
"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n-v1.0.pdf (PAGE 5)

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you. I just read this. Does anyone know when they uploaded the updated application? Because I don't want to be in this situation, I was checking regularly. Wondering how I missed it...

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am

So if anybody noticed any changes?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:21 am

ilr-dep wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 am
Thank you. I just read this. Does anyone know when they uploaded the updated application? Because I don't want to be in this situation, I was checking regularly. Wondering how I missed it...
16 January 2018 , the one before that was 11 January 2018, but the date and version wasn't updated and still showed from the last update which was 30 October 2017.

You should be fine either way.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 am

Many Thanks

Kristen Lee
Australia

Post by Kristen Lee » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:40 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am
I have seen two changes:
-Section 12 Documents no longer says to provide photocopies of documents (incl.passports).
-Section 12 when applying under UK Ancestry no longer asks you to provide documents proving your UK ancestry, eg: your birth certificate, parent's birth certificate and the UK-born grandparent. I wonder if this is because they already have that information and it's easily found due to the biometric permits, and therefore not needed so long as you are providing your BRD?

I have asked a question about these on my thread where I had some questions about filling in the SET(O) form and so I can link that if I get any advice regarding these two things :)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Kristen Lee wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:40 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:
I have seen two changes:
-Section 12 Documents no longer says to provide photocopies of documents (incl.passports).
-Section 12 when applying under UK Ancestry no longer asks you to provide documents proving your UK ancestry, eg: your birth certificate, parent's birth certificate and the UK-born grandparent. I wonder if this is because they already have that information and it's easily found due to the biometric permits, and therefore not needed so long as you are providing your BRD?

I have asked a question about these on my thread where I had some questions about filling in the SET(O) form and so I can link that if I get any advice regarding these two things :)
Thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm

Kristen Lee wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:40 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:
I have seen two changes:

Set(O) form is used for many different visa categories. The members in this thread mostly post about Set(O) for Tier 1 or 2 PBS route or Discretionary Leave to Remain route. None are Ancestry visa holders and the documents for you require are specific to your Ancestry route and would not be required by other route applicants.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.