ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK IT JOB SEARCH CANDIDATES DATABASE

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cooldude143

UK IT JOB SEARCH CANDIDATES DATABASE

Post by cooldude143 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Guys,
This thread is for those who are still in search of jobs.Please mention the below, will give clear picture about UK job market to all.

Date Landed in UK -

Technolgy -

Number of Interviews Attended(Permanent/Contract) -

Moral of the story! -

Cheers
Last edited by cooldude143 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:36 pm

I can understand that you've good intentions but the post subject is least encouraging for people to post their true job hunting experience.

Just because people have not been able to make through an interview, which could be influenced by a variety of factors, they can't be classified as FAILURES.

Hope you see my point.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 pm

CoolDude,

I can add one moral of the story though for all the IT professionals from India...

The UK Job market is a great Equaliser. I have seen that people from biggest IT companies like Wipro/Infy/IBM, IIT/REC graduates are all on a level playing field with the other not so fortunate plebs. They do not enjoy that additional privilege that they enjoy in Indian Job Market.

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:52 pm

SKUK,
Thanks for sharing the info.

My advice to all the future Job seekers

* You may need to spend atleast 3 months for job search.

* Avg time taken to make the decision is atleast 1 month for most of the companies.

Cheers