ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gay need help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali786786
United Kingdom

Gay need help

Post by Ali786786 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Can a Gay refugee (lgbt) do marriage a woman after grant asylum

If woman have no problem to do marriage with a gay

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Gay need help

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Ali786786 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:12 pm
Can a Gay refugee (lgbt) do marriage a woman after grant asylum

If woman have no problem to do marriage with a gay
I see from your other post that you are yet to apply for ILR. As a foreign national you will have to give notice to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview your both separately before the wedding can go ahead, should they choose to do so.

As you were granted asylum due to your sexuality, marrying a woman may now raise the issue of whether your claim was false. If the HO decide that this is the case, your right to remain under asylum is at risk of being revoked and considered that it is safe for you to return to your home country.

I'm assuming you are intending to marry in the UK. What is your nationality? What is the nationality of the woman you are intending to marry?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ali786786
United Kingdom

Post by Ali786786 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:43 pm

My nationality India and she born here uk

She want marry me I told I am gay but still she want me and agree to give me space

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:59 pm

So basically a 'marriage of convenience' then.

It will cast doubt on your and your claimed reason for refugee status. HO could view this as deception to gain refugee status in the UK.

Marrying a British person does not offer you any protection or automatic right in the UK and neither does it speed up any application for ILR.

If you are due to apply for ILR soon, suggest you do that first as your reasons for ILR need to be the same as refugee status and if you are suddenly married to a woman, which HO will know as they have to give you permission to marry, then clearly your reasons are not the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali786786
United Kingdom

Post by Ali786786 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 pm

So what happen if I do that after ILR

Also how new policy for refugee can affect me as a lgbt member of society

How can I deal HO when I apply ILR

Ali786786
United Kingdom

Post by Ali786786 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 pm

I am afraid of new policy safe return review

My credit report excellent
No criminal record
No NHS
No benifites
Paying tax

Country origin report clear about discrimination behaviour back home

What else I need to prove

traveros
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by traveros » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 am

I was wondering if there was any improvement.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 am

traveros wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 am
I was wondering if there was any improvement.
An improvement to what?

@traveros, you have been tagging along multiple threads. Can you raise your questions in your own thread, so that we can question and advise you further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.