ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Extension Spouse British

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhattj
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Extension Spouse British

Post by bhattj » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi,

I obtained British Citizenship through naturalisation last year. I was on Tier 1 (General) and my wife entered the UK in July 2013 as Tier 1 Dependent. Her current leave expires in Feb 18 and am applying to extend her leave for 6 months on Tier 1 dependent as then she will be eligible for ILR.

I have a question on the Immigration health surcharge. What do I select when applying for the health surcharge reference (there is option of applying alone or applying to join someone)?

When I select applying to join someone it asks for my visa expiration date. Since I am a British Citizen i do not have a visa expiration date and prior to that I had ILR which I have returned on obtaining British Citizenship.

Many thanks for your assistance.

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Extension Spouse British

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Applying alone?
Period should be Three years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bhattj
Newly Registered

Post by bhattj » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks.

Yes applying alone. It comes to 3 years but she would qualify for ILR within 5 months. Do I need to pay for 3 years and include this in the application somewhere for caseworker to assess?

Thanks again.

bhattj
Newly Registered

Post by bhattj » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:35 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:00 pm
Applying alone?
Period should be Three years.
Thanks.

Yes applying alone. It comes to 3 years but she would qualify for ILR within 5 months. Do I need to pay for 3 years and include this in the application somewhere for caseworker to assess?

Thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Yes. Unfortunately, I think it’s a fixed period. Try applying for a refund after getting ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.