ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsoring mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RISHI
Newly Registered

sponsoring mother

Post by RISHI » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 am

My husband here on 2 year spouse visa. could he sponsor his mother who is in India?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: sponsoring mother

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 am

RISHI wrote:My husband here on 2 year spouse visa. could he sponsor his mother who is in India?
It's difficult, depends on the circs of the mother, basically she has to be fully dependent on the sponsor, have no other local family who help and be over 65
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Sammie

Re: sponsoring mother

Post by Sammie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 am

RISHI wrote:My husband here on 2 year spouse visa. could he sponsor his mother who is in India?
That depends on whether your mother-in-law plans to live here permanently or come over on a visit?

If its the latter of the two, you could sponsor her and provide all the relevant documents, (payslips, accommodation, evidence of relationship to applicant, sponsorship letter, etc) needed as evidence for a visitors visa.

I’m not sure how it would work if you would like your mother-in-law to reside in the UK permanently. Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members of the forum will come to your rescue shortly.

Sammie
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!