ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Irish citizenship

Post by Volkanerinamira » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi

I applied for irish citizenship in Aug 2016 based on my marriage to an Irish citizen ( living in northern ireland)

I have now recieved a letter asking me to provide them with a ARCO Criminal Record check within 28 days.

Now back when we applied I send an police check certificate (not Acro) as alot of my friends who have applied and now irish citizens done same, So what i can't understand is why they are asking me to supply this? It's 45 pound for get it and I feel I wasted alot of money already on this process without having to fork out more.

Anyone been asked to supply this before?

sarcasticapple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Irish citizenship

Post by sarcasticapple » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi, my wife has made the same application (married to Irish citizen in Northern Ireland) but has not been asked for this (not yet anyway.) I'm just wondering have you lived in another part of the United Kingdom before? England/Scotland or Wales?

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Post by Volkanerinamira » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:33 pm

No sorry I have always only lived in Belfast.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:26 pm

My partner applied in August 2017. He wasn't asked for an ARCO criminal record check either!

Did you ever find out why they wanted it?

We just sent the PSNI response to their DAT1 form and haven't been asked for anything else yet.

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Post by Volkanerinamira » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm

I just got the letter on Friday so will email them tomorrow and see why it's needed. That's what I sent too a dat1 police check.
I can't understand why that's not enough for them for us when plenty of ppl have applied and not been asked for it.

TMM1305
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by TMM1305 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:16 am

My wife also applied as a spouse living in Northern Ireland and her application has been severely delayed. I feel like since Brexit they have purposely stopped all applications from the North no matter how valid. We have been waiting since August 2016. No crimes committed, she is from a country where her background can easily be checked.

Also, only 6,000 citizenship’s were awarded this year, as opposed to 10,000+ in all the previous years. I feel this is an aim at reducing immigration in various ways. In part by denying rights to us in the North.