ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependant to HSMP::Pls Guide..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

winsome

HSMP Dependant to HSMP::Pls Guide..

Post by winsome » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been living and working in UK for 1.5 yrs as an HSMP Dependant. Now I want to convert to HSMP visa. I have got an HSMP approval letter but accoring to law need to go back to pakistan to apply for entry clearance. Do I still need to submit TB screening form. The guideline says that returning residents are exempt from the test. Am I exempt.?

Also Is there any urgent EC application ?

winsome

Post by winsome » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:04 am

Can someone pls shed some light on my queries ..?

HSMPLUCK
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPLUCK » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:15 pm

I dont think you should go back to your country because you can apply for EC /switch status from any country if you are on longterm visa. As HSMP dependent visa is not a short-term visa

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 pm

HSMPLUCK wrote:I dont think you should go back to your country because you can apply for EC /switch status from any country if you are on longterm visa.
Are you sure about it???

winsome: maybe you could do with some search on this forum?

winsome

Post by winsome » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 pm

thanks guys.. however i called the home office and unfortunately i cannot shift my status to hsmp while remaining in country :(

i am concerned about this tb screening thing as i would have have to go back to home country on holidays and i dont want to waste time if its not requried..

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:19 pm

HSMPLUCK wrote:I dont think you should go back to your country because you can apply for EC /switch status from any country if you are on longterm visa. As HSMP dependent visa is not a short-term visa
Wrong.

Read paragraph 28 of the Immigration Rules.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/policy ... les/part1/
________
Weed bubblers
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winsome

Post by winsome » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:08 am

Hi Woodie,

Thats understandable but I have confirmed from HSMP customer services and everyone has one opinion. I need to go back to home country and apply for EC again..!