ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation - tenancy agreement or letter of invitation?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spousevisahelp
Newly Registered

Accommodation - tenancy agreement or letter of invitation?

Post by spousevisahelp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:51 pm

I have just moved in with a friend (paying rent of £300 a month for a room meeting the size requirements) so that I can provide proof of suitable accommodation for a spouse visa (going to NZ to marry him and apply to the British High Commission there).

I have done this just to meet the requirements and once he actually arrives and starts work we will move to a self contained flat but I won't be able to afford this until he arrives. My question is what proof should I provide of the accommodation? Do I just get a letter from my friend/landlord saying I am lodging with him, the rent and that my husband will be able to live there indefinitely on arrival in the UK or should I get a tenancy agreement drawn up to provide additional proof even though i have no intention of living there permanently (my friend/landlord won't hold me to it)?

I have just moved there purely to meet the visa requirements so it seems unlikely that I would be able to be included on the council tax bill in time to submit it with the visa application so I will try to provide some other bill and hope that it will still be ok.

Any advice would be appreciated, the rules are really tough on anyone renting privately in London where you really can't sensibly afford to rent accommodation for two or more people unless you are both present and working.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:14 pm

In some areas, the County Council used to it.

Now, you are more than likely going to have to get a surveyors report - they come in size up things and produce a letter for you, which you submit with your application.

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:08 pm

spend some money for renting 2-3 months to get visa

otherwise it is next to impossible get visa

as u r mentioning u cant afford , i assume u bank balance is poor , dont let them know yr financial weakness