ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - previous employer letter date - 28 days?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

squalliram
United Kingdom

ILR - previous employer letter date - 28 days?

Post by squalliram » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Hello,

I am applying for ILR tomorrow and have managed to get all my documents, however, I just have one question with regards to one of my documents i.e. my previous employers no unpaid leave letter. I managed to get a letter from my previous employer saying that I worked there and I have not taken any unpaid leave, however, it was produced on the 17th of December 2017 which is more than 28 days. My current employer letter is dated today so that's fine. Does the previous employer letter also need to be dated within 28 days of the appointment/application? Kindly let me know.

Cheers.

Akorotaeva

Re: ILR - previous employer letter date - 28 days?

Post by Akorotaeva » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:35 pm

I don’t think there’s such a requirement, no. Would not make sense either, as it would be difficult to get such letters from employers you left years ago!

Akorotaeva

Re: ILR - previous employer letter date - 28 days?

Post by Akorotaeva » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 pm

From the Tier 2 Guidance:

264. You will need to provide this information for the full 5 year continuous period. Therefore, if you are moving employers and are considering applying for settlement in the future, you may wish to request a letter detailing your absences before you move to your new post. If you are unable to obtain a letter as specified in the Immigration Rules, because your previous employer has ceased to exist for example, you should confirm this in writing when you make your application. The caseworker who considers your application will assess this on a case by case basis.