ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where do i stand - wife on 2 year spousal visa - pregnant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TonyUK
Newly Registered

Where do i stand - wife on 2 year spousal visa - pregnant

Post by TonyUK » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:07 pm

My wife was granted her 2 year spousal visa in july 07, and we stayed at my dads till feb 08, we have been staying in B&B by the council, but my wife has had to pay her share £10 per night. We are due to move this week into temporary accomodation, she is working full time and i am working part time, we had a baby girl in oct 07 and are due to have a baby in september 08, will this B&B thing look bad on her ILR application next year, considering she actually paid her share so didnt really get any public funds. My wife is american, also as i am receiving child benefit and housing benefit in my name not hers does that count against her? Cheers

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:31 pm

god bless queen

u can increase yr population every year

hsmpian / work permit holders will pay

atlest u r recovering our money from them

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:06 pm

£10 a night!

I'd keep quiet - I'd give my right arm to only have to pay £10 a night for accomodation!

TonyUK
Newly Registered

Post by TonyUK » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 pm

I mean does this affect her elligibility for ILR, but she paid her cost for having no recourse to public funds, or should i just not mention it on her application

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Of course it will effect her applicantion for IRL and rightfully so!

TonyUK
Newly Registered

Post by TonyUK » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Siggi wrote:Of course it will effect her applicantion for IRL and rightfully so!
Your not very helpful, but i phoned the visa bereau and they agreed as she PAID for her SHARE of the bill she didnt receive "public funds" my wife is american unlike some of the scroungers who come into the uk, he said they will take everything into account.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:45 pm

You make me laugh, both you and your wife know she has no recourse to public funds and then you ask, how it will effect her application for ILR.

Sorry I'm did'nt give you a sugar coated answer mate.

By the way who or what is the visa bereau?

craig_m67
Newly Registered

Post by craig_m67 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:04 am

I'm not sure what consitutes a senior member but if it has anything to do with being helpful - you should lose it. Sorry i didn't sugar coat it - hope the effect - affects you in future and you turn your focus to another applicantion

I too have a spouse (and child) here on similar Visa. We are oft confused by the 'recourse to public funds' and stay away from any regardless of any reciprocal rights that we may have between our countries. I would suggest that if you/she are paying your way (is 10pounds full or subsidised?) and the Council and Visa bereau are happy (get it in writing).. then you've done the best you can.

Craig

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:25 am

British people are right that they are cheated by

system even Americans are taking dole from UK

I KNOW American market is dull and going through recession, this family need support because uncle is busy in war

Long live America and get dole from UK

pronylee
Newly Registered

Post by pronylee » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 pm

hi you sounded offboard when you used the word some scrounger your wife been american means nothing you dont have to rob it in she is a bloody foreigner in europe like those you called sroungers you dont seem to have respect for other kind of people and your problem is that you are fool of yourself that since i,m british it should not matter let me tell you one thing it is those srounger you mentioned that can advised you properly if you want to apply for ILR irrespective of your nationality you should prove that you can look after your wife instead of been on the dole the home office sees it has been iresponsible get your act right learn more about the sysytem and stop been an ignorant get a job to save your wife if you love her move to an area where you can afford the rent and show you are living like a family should

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Pronylee,
My spelling and grammar might not be prefect, but if you are British you say!
Before you start attacking members on the site even if they are scroungers or not, please go away and do some foundation course in English, before you embarrass the whole of Great Britian.