ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP REQ REG CHANGING PAYMENT METHOD AFTER SUBMISSION

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orange
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP REQ REG CHANGING PAYMENT METHOD AFTER SUBMISSION

Post by orange » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:02 pm

All,
I sent my completed HSMP application last week from Paris, France. The mail has been delivered but I havent got any confirmation from HO.

I just now found that unfortunately my bank has blocked my debit card as it has crossed the monthly spending limit, though I have enough balance in my account. I talked to my bank but they can only issue a new card or extend the spending limit in the current card temporarily, both of which will take atleast a week.

Can I ask the HO helpdesk
1) to take the payment after a week when my card gets unblocked? OR
2) to accept a change in the payment method (postal order/checque/card)
now i.e. after my application form has been sent to them

As I am an Indian citizen applying from France, I am afraid that I can not wait to resubmit HSMP application after they return my application since the HSMP scheme is getting replaced by Teir 1 from April.

I will call the helpline tomorrow. In the mean time, please suggest me the best thing to do now. Thank you.

winsome

Post by winsome » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:16 pm

hi orange,

i suggest you should fax then ur new credit card information after giving them a call. hopedully u would be ok.

winsome

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:30 pm

If the payment fails they'll just send it back, you're going to have to resubmit.
________
Uggs
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orange
Newly Registered

Post by orange » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Today I called the helpdesk and they told me that since another contractor company processes the payments, the helpdesk can not do anything now. If the payment fails, the company will just return the application and they cant accept any change of payment method now.

In the meanwhile, I got my old debit card fixed from tonight. But I dont know, if they have already tried to process the payment or not.

Not to miss any chance, I also sent a fax and an email requesting them to process the payment tomorrow.

All I can do now is to just sit and wait for BIA's response. If they return the application, it will be too late. I cant apply for HSMP for ever. But, I am hoping for the best.