ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for someone who has overstayed in the past

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mimi2018
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Naturalisation for someone who has overstayed in the past

Post by Mimi2018 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Hey Guys. I thinking of applying for naturalisation as a British citizen. I have my ILR and I’m married to a British citizen already. But I have been told if you have overstayed even for a few months in the past, the HO will refuse your application and lose your money. I just need clarification if this is true
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation for someone who has overstayed in the past

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Yes it is true.

What is your full UK immigration history and why were you an overstayer?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mfreidin

Re: Naturalisation for someone who has overstayed in the past

Post by mfreidin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:29 pm

I was an overstayer (not my fault, just some unfortunate set of events) and still was granted with ILR as they took the circumstances into consideration. A couple years later I applied for BC and was rejected and the letter said that I can try again not earlier than 5 years since ILR granted. I applied last year and got my BC. Now my wife applied for BC and got a letter raising the query about the overstay and asking her to provide some more info. Hopefully, she will get it too.