ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much time for paid appeal????????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kt
Newly Registered

How much time for paid appeal????????

Post by kt » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:44 pm

Hi guys, I am planning to go for a paid appeal to counter the refusal.
Noddy or anybody else please let me the time available for the paid appeal from the date of decision letter.
28 days time frame for the free appeal (without additional docs) is mentioned in the letter itself but there is nothing on paid appeal.
cheers
kt

Man of God
Newly Registered

Post by Man of God » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:30 pm

Dear,
it is less then one month.maximum 4 weeks.

kt
Newly Registered

Post by kt » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:54 pm

I am not too sure about a month time, bcoz I remember coming across cases who had applied after more than a month time.
can any one else throw some light on this?
cheers
kt

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:56 pm

Have you read this topic started by Noddy?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=2326

kt
Newly Registered

Post by kt » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:07 pm

Thanks mwazir, I visited the thread but Noddy has not specified how much time one gets for paid appeal.
In my case decision on my application was taken during the third week of November and I need atleast five to six weeks to manage additional documents so I need to know wheather I have that much time or not.
kt

noddy214

Post by noddy214 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:22 am

Hi KT,

Sorry for the dealy in my response. Was too busy with packing and stuff.

OK, here is what I believe. Though there is no ultimate word for it as nothing is mentioned anywhere official.

To begin with, we can make an appeal even if the 28 day limit has been crossed. This I got to know from the Home Office itself. So you can rest assured about it. My application was rejected on Septmber 29 and and I made my appeal on November 2, yet they accepted it. So it is OK.

As for the time they will take to process the application for the second time, well I guess that could be subjective, but what I know for sure is that, even if you re-apply, you do not go back in the queue. In all probablilities, your Reference no. will remain the same too.

Once again, let me re-iterate, the only difference between a paid appeal and re-apply is that, the 12 months period under considertaion changes. Otherwise, the entire process is the same as what you would have done while sending your application for the first time.

Hope this helps. If you need further clarifications, do let me know. I am also reachable on Yahoo Messenger if you need a more real-time interaction.

Noddy

kt
Newly Registered

Post by kt » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:05 pm

Many Thanks Noddy, have a happy journey and best wishes for the future.
cheers
kt

surap
Newly Registered

paid appeal?

Post by surap » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:20 pm

What is this paid appeal to counter the refusal? As noddy has stated that there is 28 days to request for reconsideration on the previous documents sent.

Then what is this paid appeal? Could you kindly throw some light regarding this

many thanx
surap

noddy214

Post by noddy214 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:43 am

Surap,

You got it wrong. You can appeal after 28 days also.

Noddy

VP

regarding paid appeal

Post by VP » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:32 am

you can try for review request only. i tried it and got the approval today. But you have to counter all points perfectly which is mentioned in your decision letter and in very polished language. i am sure HO will surely rethink the decision if you write a perfect review request.

all the best
vp