ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum (Dependent Visa)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

croco
Newly Registered

Asylum (Dependent Visa)

Post by croco » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:24 pm

I am on a student Visa and my Partner is a failed asylum seeker. We have two kids together one was born outside the country and the other was born here in UK. I have tried to put her on my visa as dependent. We sent this application 3years ago. I have been chasing this and they are saying the application is still in process. Last year I applied for a Certificate of Marriage Approval and its now a year. They are saying it is still under consideration.

Please any suggestions, I have exhausted all the means

Post by 4444 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:31 pm

when did your patner apply for asylum. she could be a legacy case. i suggest you go to your MP . home office normally respond to MP queries.

good luck

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:25 pm

What prevents her to return and join you under the rules as your dependant ?

You could wait x years.

The situation does not look good to me.

Post by 4444 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:13 am

correct me if i am wrong. is it still possible to get an entry clearance as a dependent of a student. i know its possible for work permit holders ,spouses etc. i might be wrong :?

croco
Newly Registered

Asylum Dependent

Post by croco » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:18 am

4444 wrote:correct me if i am wrong. is it still possible to get an entry clearance as a dependent of a student. i know its possible for work permit holders ,spouses etc. i might be wrong :?

Yes, Its possible to get entry clearance as dependent of a student as long as the student visa is 12months ++

croco
Newly Registered

Asylum Dependent

Post by croco » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:24 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:What prevents her to return and join you under the rules as your dependant ?

You could wait x years.

The situation does not look good to me.
We wanted to get married in court first . If she return now it will be difficult for her to come back since we are not married. We applied for the COA and they are still holding onto our papers. What right do i have on marriage????

Please help