ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

in need of documents showing the Home Office has my passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

costom
Newly Registered

in need of documents showing the Home Office has my passport

Post by costom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:22 am

Apologies if this is the wrong topic area. It seemed like the best one.

I'm an American citizen, married to a Swede. I submitted my application 1.5 weeks for a UK residence card. I got an email from the Home Office stating that "my application has been received and is being considered".

My grandfather died two days ago. I need an emergency American passport to get myself to his funeral, but the application for said passport requires a document from the Home Office proving that they're holding my passport. My question to any Americans is, is my email enough to take to the US embassy? My question to everyone else is, have you requested such a document from the Home Office? Can I just walk into an office somewhere and get one?

I will call on Monday, but I was hoping to get answers sooner..if anyone knows.

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Re: in need of documents showing the Home Office has my passport

Post by facebook.user » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Sorry to hear that. You can try this link
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
They take 3-4 days to return it.