ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship at Discretion (Regestration)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joe87
Newly Registered
Egypt

British Citizenship at Discretion (Regestration)

Post by joe87 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:37 pm

I am applying at British citizenship at the discretion of the home secretary.*Regestration
My question is
1. If the application made under s3(1) is refused will i get my money back?.
Please answer my questions guys, (especially for people who applied before)
Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: British Citizenship at Discretion (Regestration)

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Yusuf Badr wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:37 pm
1. If the application made under s3(1) is refused will i get my money back?.
No.

What is the basis of your application under Section 3(1)?
Are you younger than 18 years of age (a minor)? Is at least one of your parents a British citizen and the other parent with ILR?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

joe87
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by joe87 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:59 pm

I am applying under the basis of any compelling circumstance, in other words, my case isn't mentioned but
Ive met most of requiremnts mentioned in ("any compelling circumstances"), as my parents are applying for settlement
---
I was born in the UK
I lived for 3 years and a half
I am a good character
I am studying a high qualified educational system (IDK whether this will help me or not)
my parents lived in England for 6 years
Non of my parents are british or even appying for ILR (thats why i choosed s3(1))
Currently Iam living outside the UK
I am less that 18 years

So, Do u advice me to apply and proceed my application or there is no a chance for me being accpeted.
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:14 pm

How old are you exactly?

Section 3(1) requires an application within the UK
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joe87
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by joe87 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:01 pm

Turning 15 next month
So do u mean that my application cant be accpeted unles i am in the uk.
I mean is there is a chance for me being accpeted if am applying overseas( at discretion)?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Unfortunately, unlikely.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

joe87
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by joe87 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Ok , Thanks for answering my questions.
But I have a small doubt. From where did u get that its unlikely for an application to be accepted under sec. 3.1 (at discretion) from overseas. Ive read the link u attached and the guide but I didn't find any thing regarding that.
Thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:35 pm

For Section 3(1) applications, you required Permanent Residence or ILR and because you are a teenager, you also require at least 2 years residence immediately prior to applying for citizenship. A child applying for section 3(1) citizenship also only qualifies when EITHER parent is also applying for citizenship at the same time or at least one is already British and the other holds ILR/PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:55 pm

Yusuf Badr wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:59 pm
my parents lived in England for 6 years
It may be worth going through your parents old passports to see if they had been granted ILR when they were resident in the UK (assuming that they were not diplomatic staff). Getting ILR was a lot easier until just a few years ago.

If either one of your parents had ILR before your birth, it may even be possible that you were born a British citizen and don't require registration. And if they acquired ILR after your birth, it may be possible for your to be registered as a British citizen by entitlement under Section 1(3), even if they subsequently lost their ILR due to absence from the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Yusuf Badr wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:30 pm
Ok , Thanks for answering my questions.
But I have a small doubt. From where did u get that its unlikely for an application to be accepted under sec. 3.1 (at discretion) from overseas. Ive read the link u attached and the guide but I didn't find any thing regarding that.
Thanks a lot
See also Registration as British citizen: children > Other applications under section 3(1).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.