ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KingNothing
United States of America

Short Visit

Post by KingNothing » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:21 am

Hey Guys... I wonder if I am asking this question in right place. You guys had been really helpful with me in past so I remember you and I am coming back after almost 4 years... I need your advise today on this matter.

Background history: I have lived in UK for almost 7 years. Always been legal immigrant and never overstayed. Once applied for Tier1 Entrepreneur. Application was rejected but I appealed in court and First Tier Tribunal gave me the right to stay and asked HO to reconsider their decision. After that I got 3 years Entrepreneur Tier 1 visa. I paid tax and company remained active as long as I was in UK. Before my visa expired, I became a Permanent Resident of USA and left UK. Later, I sent my BRP to HO and explained in a letter that now I live in USA and I feel responsible to return my BRP. They responded back and curtailed my leave to remain. They sent a template letter saying that I should leave country before day X and I should send biometric back blah blah (which I already had done so.)

So far everything is ok. Now I want to visit my friends in UK after a couple of years as a tourist for short visit visa. I know that I need to apply for Short Visitor Visa as I am not a USA citizen yet (I am just US Permanent Resident) through British Consulate in US. I will be a Citizen in next 3 years. I wonder if it is better to wait 3 more years and come to UK as a US Citizen or I can apply for Short Visit visa with peace of mind now. I wonder if my visa refusal in past will have any effect on case workers that make decision for visa. I have read online that, If for any reason (officer personal choice) they do not like to admit me at the port of entry, they can do so even if I hold American Passport.

Please Kindly advise me and if I posted the message in wrong place, please forward it to the right forum. I remember Vinney from past. You helped me a lot with your advises when I was appealing my visa refusal.

Love you all...
Regards
KingNothing!

vinny

Re: Short Visit

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 am

if you are applying for a visitor visa, then you must declare all previous refusals and curtailments, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

KingNothing
United States of America

Post by KingNothing » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:30 am

Thanks Vinny for your advise.

Do you see any difference if I apply for visitor visa now or if I come as a USA citizen without need to get a visa, 3 years later?

Any recommendations?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:58 am

An American (non-visa national) may more conventiently apply for leave to enter on arrival, as a standard visitor. However, the requirements for leave to enter as a standard visitor, for visa and non-visa nationals, are the same.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.