ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit transfer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chef biryani
Newly Registered

work permit transfer

Post by chef biryani » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi
i joined a chain of pubs as chef on a work permit
after my first month the company was sold to new owners ,which were actually part of old company.
i asked them to transfer my workpermit ,which they said will happen automatically.
its been 1& half year and i found out that i actually need to transfer my workpermit.(i did get my visa stamped with no problem eventhough the workpermit & payslips both had different company names)
but the company is doing it now.
do you think it will be a good idea to change my job & tell the new company to do the work permit,so i will not have to wait for my old workpermit. OR
also my wife have got her ILR, do you think with my current status will it be a problem to switch from workpermit to spouse visa because my bank statement shows that the salary comes from different company & my workpermit is for different company.
Can some one please help
thanks a lot

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 09, 2008 5:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.