ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry Dependant Work in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antonyt
Newly Registered
Australia

Ancestry Dependant Work in UK

Post by antonyt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi,

I am currently living and working in the UK as a dependant on my partner's Ancestry visa. She has recently been asked by her work to relocate to mainland Europe, however I will need to stay in the UK to work for a period of time potentially more than 6 months.

Will I be able to remain in the UK as a dependant even if she is not here? Does her ancestry visa get cancelled if she is out of the UK for more than 180 days, and by association my visa as well? Or am I able to remain in the UK for the remainder of the ancestry visa period?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Antony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry Dependant Work in UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:02 pm

No it does not get cancelled but your status is dependent on her being in the UK.

If she is absent for more than 180 days, ILR will fail and yours too (if that is the goal).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

antonyt
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by antonyt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:28 am

Thanks for the response

The ILR is not essential to us so not too worried about that.

Just to clarify - my visa is obviously dependent on her ancestry. If she leaves the UK how is this determined and how will the home office know that she has left? Is it based on the 180 days for ILR? Or is it as soon as she has left the country for an extended period I technically should be gone with her and therefore my visa has become void?

If she were to go on a secondment basis and be paid & taxed through the UK will this alleviate the issue?

Thanks

Antony

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 am

Don't forget your partner will need a work permit to work in Europe, ancestry visa only allows work in UK, her employer might not have considered this.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....