ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen entry ban and vacation in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KeriXD
Newly Registered
United States of America

Schengen entry ban and vacation in Ireland

Post by KeriXD » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:29 am

Hello there.
I am german and my husband is US citizen.
He comitted a crime in 2011 and got deported from germany 2015 and got a schengen ban. Also says he is a threat for public( which is completely nonsense) -.- i had to leave the USA because my greencard got denied 1 year ago. So we both cant travel to eachothers countries. We would like to make a family vacation in Ireland so he can finally see his baby. I contacted lawyers and even the consulate could not give me answers if my husband can enter Ireland. Its not a schengen state, i know but they have acces to the schengen information system and see my husbands schengen ban??? Does anyone know?

mgb

Re: Schengen entry ban and vacation in Ireland

Post by mgb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 am

Ireland has no access to the schengen SIS database.
Beside that are you sure he got a schengen ban? Schengen SIS database and german AZR database for german entry bans are different things.

KeriXD
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by KeriXD » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:59 am

Yes he has a ban for germany and schengen states. And an entry in the schengen information system. It says ireland has acces to the schengen system for law enforcement purposes. What does that mean?

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 pm

The United Kingdom operates the SIS but, as it has chosen not to join the Schengen area, the UK cannot issue or access Schengen-wide alerts for refusing entry or stay into the Schengen area.

Ireland and Cyprus are not yet connected to the SIS. Ireland is carrying out preparatory activities to connect to the SIS, but, as is the case for the UK, it will not be able to issue or access Schengen-wide alerts for refusing entry or stay. Cyprus has a temporary derogation from joining the Schengen area and is not yet connected to the SIS.

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... -system_en

KeriXD
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by KeriXD » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Thank you so so so so much! I have been researching since weeks and could not find an answere.
Yay so we can make a family vacation!

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:03 pm

I guess the schengen ban was illegal anyway.
Outside of Germany your husband is a family member of a eu citizen. A schengen ban for a family member of a eu citizen is not so easy if the officials follow eu law.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Any eu country can refuse entry on the basis of ‘threat to public safety ‘ To any eu national and offcourse to the family member of eu national as well. I dont know if ireland finds out or not but if they do that ur husband was deported on those grounds , he got no chance to enter ireland.

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:46 pm

The burden of proof lies on the side of the eu country and the family member has to be a current thread to public safety and not 10 years ago.
Thats the main difference.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:20 pm

The proof for the eu state is that already another eu member state have declared him a threat to public safety. I dont think they would need another .

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 am

What is the difference between current and 2015?
I guess 3 years. No more fully usable for a family member of a eu citizen.
A family member has to be a current thread for a entry refusal.

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:11 am

PS:
Beside this the irish have technically no access to the SIS anyway.
If the would want this information they would have to break the law and try to hack something.