ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Departure Stamps / Passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cht01
inactive
United Kingdom

UK Departure Stamps / Passports

Post by cht01 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi all

I would really appreciate if someone with experience can shed some light on this.

I recently just got my British Passport. I also have another nationality so I hold two passports. Now I don't want my home country to find out that I have become a British Citizen (it's not illegal, I just don't want them to know). What I know is whatever information I supply to the airlines is the basis of which the Home Office determines I've left the country, since they don't do exit stamps. However they obviously go and supply the same information to the destination Home Office. So can I give my home country's passport to the check in desk at Heathrow or do I have to show them my British Passport?

Take for example a guy who is both a US and UK citizen, and he wants to fly from Heathrow to New York, which passport information do they give at the check in desk / online API? Unless he can show the check in desk his US passport and the UK Home Office will know that it's the same guy leaving the UK (as I assume he'd come into the UK with his UK passport).

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Departure Stamps / Passports

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:06 pm

cht01 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi all

I would really appreciate if someone with experience can shed some light on this.

I recently just got my British Passport. I also have another nationality so I hold two passports. Now I don't want my home country to find out that I have become a British Citizen (it's not illegal, I just don't want them to know). What I know is whatever information I supply to the airlines is the basis of which the Home Office determines I've left the country, since they don't do exit stamps. However they obviously go and supply the same information to the destination Home Office. So can I give my home country's passport to the check in desk at Heathrow or do I have to show them my British Passport?

Take for example a guy who is both a US and UK citizen, and he wants to fly from Heathrow to New York, which passport information do they give at the check in desk / online API? Unless he can show the check in desk his US passport and the UK Home Office will know that it's the same guy leaving the UK (as I assume he'd come into the UK with his UK passport).

Thanks!
Are you a visa national on your old passport?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cht7520
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by cht7520 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 pm
???

member/cht7520/

See multiple usernames (clic)
Can you please change me to a GB flag? Thanks

cht7520
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by cht7520 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:19 am

Wanderer wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:06 pm
cht01 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi all

Thanks!
Are you a visa national on your old passport?
Yes. But if I came into the UK with my UK passport and checked in at the airport with my other passport, will that cause problems?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 am

cht7520 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am
CR001 wrote:
???

member/cht7520/

Kindly advise which username you wish to keep otherwise both will be banned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cht7520
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by cht7520 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 am
cht7520 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am
CR001 wrote:
???

member/cht7520/

Kindly advise which username you wish to keep otherwise both will be banned.
This one please

Do you have an answer for me as well :)