ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France Work permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unique_pintu
Newly Registered

France Work permit

Post by unique_pintu » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 am

I have work permit for france.Can i work in UK or Germany with the same long term Schengen visa??
Last edited by unique_pintu on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: France Work permit

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:19 am

unique_pintu wrote:I have work permit for france.Can i work in Germany with the same long term visa??
Short answer; no.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

chem1
Newly Registered

Post by chem1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:43 pm

I dont want to speak for France, but I know in my case with Spain, I am not able to work outside the area I obtained the work permit in until after 1 year. After 1 year, I can then excercise the work permit anywhere in Spain, but not outside of Spain. I can only excercise the work permit in other EU countries after obtaining permanent spanish residence. However, in that event, I wouldnt be excercising the work permit but rather EU treaty rights. So its as though I have to put the time in in Spain before any movement to work outside Spain could be made (unless I wanted to go through another work permit process with a company before the 5 years is up and residence is obtained....which I can assure you, I will not do.....every again).

A quick bit of internet research regarding french laws on this matter will probably give you an idea of a timeline/order of events. Im sure they have them in place.

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 pm

chem1 wrote:. I can only excercise the work permit in other EU countries after obtaining permanent spanish residence. However, in that event, I wouldnt be excercising the work permit but rather EU treaty rights. .
No, not really.

Even obtaining a permanent residence in Spain will not allow you to 'excercise the 'spanish work permit' outside of Spain.

If you decide to move away from Spain to another EU nation after obtaining permanant residence in Spain, you may need a new work permit, depending on which country you decide to move to.

The EU treaty that you mention hasn't been implemented in all EU countries. There have been threads on this here before.

Are you a family member of an EU-national?

chem1
Newly Registered

Post by chem1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Sorry, gani. I guess I should have said 'citizenship' instead of 'permanent residence'. Spanish citzenship would then allow me the treaty rights, no?

In any case, I misinterpreted that spanish residence would allow me free working movement in the EU zone. I guess it doesnt. Thanks for the clarification.

And no, I am not a family member of an EU national.