ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help regarding expiring UK visa!!

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmoney
Newly Registered
Australia

Need help regarding expiring UK visa!!

Post by gmoney » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi guys, I'm in a pretty tricky situation and would greatly appreciate some help.
I'm an Australian in the UK on a 2 year working visa (tier 5 youth mobility visa) that expires 25th June. I am planning to stay longer as I have applied for Irish citizenship that I am eligible for then plan to get the passport.
My issue is that I have a trip home booked to see my family in April and I will be returning to the UK in the first week of May. I will hopefully have my Irish passport by then but there's a chance it won't be processed in time, and if so I will be coming back to the UK on my Aus visa which will only have a month and a bit left on it before it expires.
Will border control be suspect with this? I obviously won't have a return flight to Aus booked and i'm not sure if telling them I have an irish passport processing will make things worse, i've heard how strict they can be.
I just need to know what course to take with immigration so I can come back in no problem if I havn't got my irish passport yet. I will definitely have it by June and at that time I will leave and come back in on it no problem.

Hope all that made sense, Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help regarding expiring UK visa!!

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm

You can enter the UK up to the last date of your visa validity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gmoney
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by gmoney » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm
Thanks for the reply, but I heard immigration can be quite strict if you don't have an exit flight to show that you are indeed leaving the country?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

gmoney wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm
Thanks for the reply, but I heard immigration can be quite strict if you don't have an exit flight to show that you are indeed leaving the country?
You are returning before your CURRENT visa expires and unless you have breached your visa conditions, there is no reason for IO to refuse you entry with a valid visa (without a 'departure/exit' ticket). You are NOT in the UK as a 'visitor'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.