ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA FOR MY DAUGHTER - HELP PLEASE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lala2018
Newly Registered
Malaysia

VISA FOR MY DAUGHTER - HELP PLEASE

Post by lala2018 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 am

I am a Malaysian currently settling in the UK on Spouse Visa (Leave to Remain expiring in April next year) I need to apply for a FLR before I get my ILR to settle down permanently which will be in 2021.

I need help and advise to bring my daughter to live with us in the UK. I am married to my British husband since 2002 and together we have a 12 year old daughter. I also have a 23 year old daughter from my previous relationship, but my daughter has not been adopted by my husband because Malaysia law states that we have to be living in Malaysia at the time of adoption. We lived abroad and my husband never get the chance to adopt her legally. The only legal papers that we have is a legally notarized guardianship papers given by her biological father allowing her to travel with us and for her to be looked after by her stepfather. Does that paper is good enough for us to apply for residence for her. My daughter has lived in the UK for 3 years for her University and currently living in Malaysia.

Are there any routes that I can take for me to bring her in to live with us and work in the UK. She has a Degree in Biomedical Science and A Cambridge CELTA and she is so qualified to work in the UK but opportunities has not been easy for Malaysian passport candidates.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: VISA FOR MY DAUGHTER - HELP PLEASE

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am

A 23 yo is an adult - she can only qualify under her own terms, not via you or your marriage.

So that maean student visa (very expensive) or work permit (very onerous).
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lala2018
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by lala2018 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:38 am

Thank you wanderer..

looks like she has to go via private life visa

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 pm

zalehaolpin wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:38 am
Thank you wanderer..

looks like she has to go via private life visa
Private life? Not applicable here I'm afraid.

lala2018
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by lala2018 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 pm

We have been advised to go via this route - FLR(FP). Its a visa based of Private Life. She qualify for it but it is a 10 year route. Hence, I came here to ask if there are any other option.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Who advised you?
6. Apply on the basis of your private life wrote:You can only apply on the basis of your private life if you’re already living in the UK.
FLR(FP) not an entry clearance application. She cannot apply for it from outside the UK.

She may apply as an adult dependent relative. Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to get.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:14 pm

zalehaolpin wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 pm
We have been advised to go via this route - FLR(FP). Its a visa based of Private Life. She qualify for it but it is a 10 year route. Hence, I came here to ask if there are any other option.
That's for people already in UK without leave. There is no visa to suit you needs unless you have $$$$$ or are highly skilled.