ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR Dependent Wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kai2015
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR Dependent Wife

Post by Kai2015 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello everyone,

I am posting the below questions on behalf of a friend of mine. We will really appreciate your opinions / comments. Thank you all in advance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be applying for my indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the next few months and I would like your advice regarding my dependent (wife). I entered the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa route in July 2013. My wife was on a Tier 4 Visa, but she later switched to Tier 1 E dependent after my extension was approved. She entered the T1E dependent route in November 2016. Consequently, when I submit my ILR application, she will be less than two years on this route and of course. This means she can't apply for ILR with me, and she will need to extend her T1E dependent visa.

Here visa expires at the same time as me. So, she must submit her application with me.

So my questions are,

1- what is the right application form to use for my wife?

2- what is the right IHS option that we need to select when paying for IHS?

3- do we need to send the two applications (mine and hers) together in the same folder and to the same postal address; or do we apply separately and each application must be sent to the relevant HO address?

I would really appreciate your replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR Dependent Wife

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pm

1. Tier 1 Ent dependent.

2. 3 years PBS Dependent Partner extension so £600 IHS.

3. Depends when her visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kai2015
Newly Registered

Post by Kai2015 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Thank you very much indeed CR001. It is highly appreciated :)

Kai2015
Newly Registered

Post by Kai2015 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am

Hello again,

My friend has another question:

---- He reaches the 5-year threshold on 15-04-2018, and that when he intends to apply.
---- His visa and his wife's visa both expire on 03-06-2018

This means that when he applies for T1E ILR, his wife's visa will still be valid for 1.5 months.

The question is: should they apply together at the same time, send both application in 1 package, and to the same Home Office address?

If YES, should both applications be sent to the ILR address or T1 Dependent address because the two addresses are slightly different as shown below:

Address for ILR:
SET(O)
Indefinite Leave to remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Address for T1 Dependent:
Tier 1 Dependants
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Thank you in advance

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:35 am

They do not need to apply together, In fact, it is possibly better not to apply together, as if the visa is approved quickly, she may need another renewal to meet the 5 year threshold
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.