ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registered traveler scheme makes no sense ? can someone explain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

I3ariv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Registered traveler scheme makes no sense ? can someone explain

Post by I3ariv » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 pm

it says on the first page that ''If you’re a Registered Traveller member, you can use either of the following at some airports and train stations:

UK and EU passport entry lanes
ePassport gates - if your passport has a ‘chip’
You also won’t need to fill in a landing card.''

But then on how to apply it says
''You’ll get a decision on your application within 10 working days. You’ll get £50 back if your application is unsuccessful.

If your application is accepted, the next time you travel to the UK you must go through the ‘other passports’ lane and fill in a landing card.''

Can somebody explain to me this no sense?

Thank you !

ouflak1

Re: Registered traveler scheme makes no sense ? can someone explain

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:04 pm

I3ariv wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 pm
it says on the first page that ''If you’re a Registered Traveller member, you can use either of the following at some airports and train stations:

UK and EU passport entry lanes
ePassport gates - if your passport has a ‘chip’
You also won’t need to fill in a landing card.''

But then on how to apply it says
''You’ll get a decision on your application within 10 working days. You’ll get £50 back if your application is unsuccessful.

If your application is accepted, the next time you travel to the UK you must go through the ‘other passports’ lane and fill in a landing card.''

Can somebody explain to me this no sense?

Thank you !
I believe that they mean that the first time you travel to the UK after a successful application, you will have to go through the 'other passports' land and fill in a landing card. All subsequent visits, you will be able to use the UK/EU lanes and no landing card required.

I3ariv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Registered traveler scheme makes no sense ? can someone explain

Post by I3ariv » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:41 pm

so basically after i get accepted nothing changes for the first time as i still have to go through the other passports and fill in landing card?