ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 (General) Dependent Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JayAJ
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 2 (General) Dependent Visa

Post by JayAJ » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Hello there,

I am trying to apply a Tier 2 dependent (General) visa for my wife; while running through the application page in Visa4uK site - there is a Main Applicant section. Can you please advise if that section - "Main applicant" needs to be updated with my relevant information or my spouse's ?

I am a Tier 2 General Visa Holder (sponsored by employer).

Also, another query is my spouse's passport doesn't have any Surname updated, so the full name has been updated in the passport under Given Name section - does this mean on the application, the full name needs to be updated in the both first name & Surname sections. This may sound silly, but as my company's immigration section have been advising as such; I am confused and needed to raise this question here.

Appreciate if you can help me with it.

Thanks.

rav40
India

Re: UK Tier 2 (General) Dependent Visa

Post by rav40 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 am

Main applicant is the tier 2 visa holder, that is you. Fill the name exactly as in passport. Hope your name appears in her passport as spouse name.

JayAJ
Newly Registered
India

Post by JayAJ » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 am

Hi,

Thank you for the update with the main applicant page.

In regards to the name in the Passport, Surname field is empty and only Given name has an update i.e. overall full name.

Also we have recently got married, therefore my name is not updated in her passport under Spouse's Section.

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:51 pm

You would require a marriage certificate

JayAJ
Newly Registered
India

Post by JayAJ » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Any idea, how my wife's name needs to be updated in this exceptional scenario as mentioned earlier in the application (1st page)?