ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension refused - need some help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonent
United States of America

Extension refused - need some help

Post by londonent » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:40 am

Hello,

My Entrepreneur extension was refused. I have read through the forum and understand I can either apply for AR or submit a fresh application.
Will the HO return the supporting documents that were submitted with the application?
One of the reasons for refusal is that on the bank statements submitted to show maintenance funds the opening and closing balance on the statements was fine and above the threshhold but the balance through the month on certain days did fall below. The thing is the HO talks about closing balance and not daily balance in the guidance.
If I re-apply with fresh documents can I submit bank statements from the foreign country?

Thank you

bubbly123

Re: Extension refused - need some help

Post by bubbly123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:46 am

Hi,
Sorry to read about your refusal.
Yes you can use foreign bank statement for maintanence. What is your timeline? When did you apply for your extension.
Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:48 am

The guidance is quite clear that the balance has to be maintained for 90 consecutive days.

There is nothing in the immigration rules that prevent you from providing statements from the foreign country.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:28 pm

If you have sufficient funds in the foreign account for 90 consecutive days and the bank is not among the banks HO indicated they will not take their documents in certain countries, then you can use it and your AR should be successful
Bizman

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:05 pm

You can use statement of any country, Use oanda for conversion rates , also ask bank to provide a letter stating that you have maintained minimum xxx in last 90 days

can you also share your timeline

mohsensari

Post by mohsensari » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:15 pm

You need the original bank statement or letter from overseas account.

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses. Is the Home Office going to return my documents? or when I re-apply should I make reference to the documents that they have?

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:50 pm

sorry, and one more question: can I rely on the bank statements of my spouse and not my own to show maintenance?

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Yes you can use your spouse bank statement.
What are the exact refusal points, is it only Bank maintanence. Please share your time line like when did you apply for your extension?
Also wait for seniors suggestion.

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:11 am

Of course you can use your spouse bank statement you however need her to give you a consent letter, ensure marriage cert is included and let her also sign the consent part at the back of the form.
Bizman

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:53 am

bizman wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:11 am
Of course you can use your spouse bank statement you however need her to give you a consent letter, ensure marriage cert is included and let her also sign the consent part at the back of the form.
I believe in the past you could not use your spouses bank account for maintenance