ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

> Certificates of Approval for an Illegal entrant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the sting
Newly Registered

> Certificates of Approval for an Illegal entrant

Post by the sting » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:51 pm

I've found this and in the Text 3 I didn't get this clear,

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... idance.pdf

Basicaly Entered UK in 2000 illegally, year 2003 married a woman and I've had only 6 months Visa, wanted to make an extension but with no success and divorced this woman on 2004.

My Girl (EU National) joined me on August 2005 and we are still living together until now, she is working since December 2005 until now.

Note that we are already married on proxy But [ ]

we went to our lawyer to start the application just few weeks ago and we found out that he has already visited our consulate website, from there, he refused to take our application on the basis of the marriage (so called Proxy marriage) and instead he will make an application to the HO in the basis that we have been living together since she entered this country, we provided all the proofs, bills, pictures, everything and so on.

now does this text 3 on this PDF shows that we can get a CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL or I'm just wrong,
can some one help please?[/url]

Fuscia

Post by Fuscia » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:58 pm

What is your nationality/status in the UK?

If you are here illegally, you cannot apply for CoA, you have to have a valid visa.

the sting
Newly Registered

RE

Post by the sting » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Dude, where did you get the info? what about the Durable relationship, will they not takke this in consideration?
do you have any kind of link to a text or url that shows this?
let me know

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 am

Hello,

U can still apply for COA even if ur illegally as long as they have your reference. e.g asylum seeker.

the sting
Newly Registered

Ref:

Post by the sting » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:37 pm

Samyr Hi,

Thanks for your reply,
actually I do have a HO reference which is the one I've had when I was married first time, will this be considered?
Other than the OCR, will they consider the Durable relationship with my actual Miss? 2 years and 8 month together

I believe there is hope in my case

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:43 pm

Illegals can apply for CoA but bear in mind the guidance notes do say they might expedite removal/deportation in these instances.

I would say that in today's immigration climate it's impossible to get any LTR in-country so the OP should be prepared to apply for UPV from home and do it before 1st October.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:17 pm

Wanderer wrote:Illegals can apply for CoA but bear in mind the guidance notes do say they might expedite removal/deportation in these instances.

I would say that in today's immigration climate it's impossible to get any LTR in-country so the OP should be prepared to apply for UPV from home and do it before 1st October.
can i ask the reason why you have specified 1st October? is it bcoz of the new rules about past immigration breaches? bcoz if thats the reason, then arent the new rules coming into force on 1st April?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Illegals can apply for CoA but bear in mind the guidance notes do say they might expedite removal/deportation in these instances.

can i ask the reason why you have specified 1st October? is it bcoz of the new rules about past immigration breaches? bcoz if thats the reason, then arent the new rules coming into force on 1st April?
http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... opic=65836
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:59 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Liberal Immigrant wrote:

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... opic=65836
edit