ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i reuse the COS again after i was rejected but the COS is still invalid period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Can i reuse the COS again after i was rejected but the COS is still invalid period

Post by angeliawu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:11 am

Dear Friends,
Can you help me about my situation?
I applied for the Tier 2 General visa for one year contract in UK.
But i was rejected of entry clearance because i did not get points for English language. I submitted my IELTS general academics but they said it need to include the UKVI unique reference number. So i am planning to reply again.
So can i use the same COS to reply under the same category? It is still in valid period. :?
And is that mean i need to submit the test score from IELTs UVKI?
If i need a new COS, what i need to tell my employer to do next? Should they post the job ads again and sign me a new offer letter ? And how much it cost if they sign a new COS? Because my commence date in the contract has already started from February, if they give me a new COS,what my employer need to do?
Many thanks!
I do appreciate for your responds!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can i reuse the COS again after i was rejected but the COS is still invalid period

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 am

You need a new CoS. The other CoS will be used now as you applied and were refused.

The company will have to request a CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Re: Can i reuse the COS again after i was rejected but the COS is still invalid period

Post by angeliawu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 am
You need a new CoS. The other CoS will be used now as you applied and were refused.

The company will have to request a CoS.
Thank you so much!
But what is the process for my employer to request a CoS?
Do they need to post the ads and new commence date of offer for me? Because the commences date of my offer now has already started.
And how much it cost if they request a new CoS?
Thanks!
Looking forward to your responds!

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Start date on new COS would change. They need to pay for applying for a new COS. New adds are not required if RLMT if COS is alloted within 6 months of posting the previous add. ou ned to give IELTS UKVI test. Hope this helps

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Post by angeliawu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:09 pm

rav40 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:38 pm
Start date on new COS would change. They need to pay for applying for a new COS. New adds are not required if RLMT if COS is alloted within 6 months of posting the previous add. ou ned to give IELTS UKVI test. Hope this helps
it really helps! Thank you so much for the help! But will the employer refund the old COS?
So if the adds is still within 6 months, so the employer just need to go to the Sponsor Management System to apply for a new COS and change the start date?
But if the adds has already exceed the 6 months before the COS, what can the employer do to give me a new COS?
And what score level of IELTs UKVI Test is needed for the Tier 2 General Visa?
Thanks again!

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

If it's more than 6 months then employer needs to do RLMT again by re-advertising the job. CEFR level B1(Score of 4 in all) is required in IELTS

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Post by angeliawu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:28 pm

rav40 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm
If it's more than 6 months then employer needs to do RLMT again by re-advertising the job. CEFR level B1(Score of 4 in all) is required in IELTS
I see.
If it is over 6 months, so how soon after they re-advertise the job then they can sign the new COS? Should they make the new offer again? Then the new COS can be assigned based on the new ads?
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 am

If RLMT is more than 6 months, they have to do it again for the normal 28 days on the required websites before they can offer you the job and assign a CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Post by angeliawu » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 am
If RLMT is more than 6 months, they have to do it again for the normal 28 days on the required websites before they can offer you the job and assign a CoS.
thank you so much for the responds~
So how can i know when they did the RLMT previously? Can i find it in the CoS ?

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:40 am

angeliawu wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 am
CR001 wrote:
yes this will be mentioned on the COS by your employer, under sections "Have you met the resident labour market test" and " Give details of the resident labour market test including where and when the post was advertised and reference number(s) for mandatory advertising"
And you need to confirm this with your employer before applying Visa to avoid unnecessary problems during the application.

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Post by angeliawu » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 pm

vsan86 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:40 am
angeliawu wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 am
CR001 wrote:
yes this will be mentioned on the COS by your employer, under sections "Have you met the resident labour market test" and " Give details of the resident labour market test including where and when the post was advertised and reference number(s) for mandatory advertising"
And you need to confirm this with your employer before applying Visa to avoid unnecessary problems during the application.
thanks ! so is that mean the old CoS was assigned within 6 months after the end date of resident labour market test, or the end date of the post? how to define the 6 months? Thank you so much!

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:15 pm

6 months from the date of advertisement for the post.

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Post by angeliawu » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm

rav40 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:15 pm
6 months from the date of advertisement for the post.
But is it depends on the different categories, if the job is for PhD level? Will it be longer?
Thanks!

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Only if exemption of RLMT applies

angeliawu
Newly Registered
China

Post by angeliawu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 am

rav40 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 pm
Only if exemption of RLMT applies
So it does not matter what kind of level it is.

gomurali
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomurali » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:01 am

I'm in the same situation now.
I have applied for Tier 2 general visa in Dec 2018 and it was refused due to a lack of evidence for English language proficiency (UK NARIC report) :cry: .
My employer is asking me to reapply with the same CoS because
CoS has "ASSIGNED" status and amended a new joining date in the sponsor note in CoS.
Can I reuse the same CoS ??

fullmoenty
India

Post by fullmoenty » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi Murali,

Sorry to hear about that. If I may ask, is there any specific reason provided for your visa application being rejected on the grounds of English knowledge? I will be soon processing my visa application, and could really take help from you.

BR.

youcef410428
Algeria

Post by youcef410428 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:37 am

Hello

Sorry to hear that, so for tier 2 general you need UKnaric certificate with at least CEFR B1?

Thank you

gomurali
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomurali » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:17 pm

HI,
You need to make sure you submit all required documents. I haven't submitted the UK NARIC report which led to refusal.
fullmoenty wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:59 pm
Hi Murali,

Sorry to hear about that. If I may ask, is there any specific reason provided for your visa application being rejected on the grounds of English knowledge? I will be soon processing my visa application, and could really take help from you.

BR.

gomurali
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomurali » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:18 pm

Yes!
Otherwise, your visa application will be refused.
youcef410428 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:37 am
Hello

Sorry to hear that, so for tier 2 general you need UKnaric certificate with at least CEFR B1?

Thank you

youcef410428
Algeria

Post by youcef410428 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, could you please let me know the required documents for tier 2 general visa
Thank you

gomurali
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomurali » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:19 am

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide
youcef410428 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 pm
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, could you please let me know the required documents for tier 2 general visa
Thank you

fullmoenty
India

Post by fullmoenty » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:51 am

So, if I may ask, what are the next steps that you have taken? Will you be sitting for IELTS for UKVI or get your proficiency approved by UKNARIC?
gomurali wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:17 pm
HI,
You need to make sure you submit all required documents. I haven't submitted the UK NARIC report which led to refusal.
fullmoenty wrote:
Hi Murali,

BR.

gomurali
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomurali » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 am

Now I'll go for UK NARIC English language proficiency using my graduation certificate.

fullmoenty wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:51 am
So, if I may ask, what are the next steps that you have taken? Will you be sitting for IELTS for UKVI or get your proficiency approved by UKNARIC?
gomurali wrote:
HI,
fullmoenty wrote:
Hi Murali,

BR.

youcef410428
Algeria

Post by youcef410428 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:37 am

gomurali wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 am
Now I'll go for UK NARIC English language proficiency using my graduation certificate.

fullmoenty wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:51 am
gomurali wrote:
HI,
fullmoenty wrote:
Hi Murali,

BR.
Yes uk naric it's a bit expensive but you will get your certificate very quick... If you need any help on uk naric certificate ask me?

Please could you tell me the required documents for the tier 2 general, thank you so much.