ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa - leaving the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london2506
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent visa - leaving the UK

Post by london2506 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi all - I am currently on a Tier 2 visa, and my wife is on a Tier 2 dependent visa. I plan on leaving the UK by September 2018 for good to return to my home country - however it looks like my wife will need to leave earlier in May 2018 as she has to take over the family business.

What is the process of notifying the UKBA that she will no longer require the Tier 2 dependant visa?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa - leaving the UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:30 am

What is the process of notifying the UKBA that she will no longer require the Tier 2 dependant visa?
Nothing to do. There is no process and there is no need to inform HO (Home Office not UKBA), she can simply leave the UK. Her visa will simply expire when it does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london2506
Newly Registered

Post by london2506 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks for your response, that's good to know.

How does it affect her ability to collect VAT refund in her last 3 months before she leaves? Can she simply collect the refund as she is going home for good?

Also how does this affect her ability to visit the UK as a tourist within the next 2 years (that's when her visa expires)? Will she need to apply for a tourist visa after 31 May?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:27 pm

How does it affect her ability to collect VAT refund in her last 3 months before she leaves? Can she simply collect the refund as she is going home for good?
Completely separate to HO and immigration rules.
Also how does this affect her ability to visit the UK as a tourist within the next 2 years (that's when her visa expires)? Will she need to apply for a tourist visa after 31 May?
She can enter the UK on her PBS Dependent visa as a 'tourist' for as long as she has a valid visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.