ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for Baby of EU national

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Einstein007
Newly Registered
Germany

MN1 baby of EEA parent

Post by Einstein007 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi,

Appreciate if someone can help me with this query.

I'm German national and worked continuously in the UK from 2010 (no gaps). However, I've never applied for a permanent resident card.

I want to apply for MN1 for my 1 month old baby.

Question:

- Can I apply for MN1 for the baby, even though I don't have an official Permanent Residence Card, but I do qualify for it 100%?. The documents required for submitting MN1 require PR to be submitted. Due to travel plans, I want to skip applying for PR and then MN1, is this feasable?

- Once I apply for MN1 and get approved. Do I need to apply for a passport for the baby? how long does that take to get please.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1 baby of EEA parent

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Not entirely sure, but perhaps you can apply for a passport straight away:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

twgal
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 baby of EEA parent

Post by twgal » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:56 pm

I don't think you need to apply using MN1 (and pay that hefty fee), because your child might already be British. All you need to do is prove that you already had PR status (not card, just status) at the time of your child's birth.

As the poster above suggests, you may be able to apply directly for passport...

Check to make sure though.

Einstein007
Newly Registered
Germany

British Passport for Baby of EU national

Post by Einstein007 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi Team,

I really appreciate any help you can give me.

I've been living and working in the UK for 10 years with no gaps. I'm German national, Wife is non-EEA, Baby born a month ago.

I was told that I can apply for a british passport directly for the baby, because I exercised 5years treaty rights before the baby was born, so I do have PR status but never applied for PR Card.

Questions:

The list of documents needed highlighted in table B here
suggests that I need:
• A passport / document showing a UK Residence Card or Registration Certificate issued five years before the child’s birth
Not sure what this means, as I don't have PR certificate, but PR status only?. Does this simply mean to include my german passport?
. And a letter confirming that the parent(s) were not receiving benefits during that period;
If I have have 5xP60's do I still need to provide this? from where do I get it?
• A statement from HM Revenues & Customs showing yearly totals of credited National Insurance between the relevant dates;
• A statement from HM Revenues & Customs confirming tax returns between the relevant dates;
I'm assuming I can call HMRC and get an employment history which will cover both points??

Do I need to include anything else beside 2 fotos of the baby and birth certificate please.

Thanks

Einstein007
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: British Passport for Baby of EU national

Post by Einstein007 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:48 am

Any help please??

Einstein007
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Einstein007 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Can anyone help please??

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi, the way I read it you don't have to provide ALL of that.

For my PR application as a worker I only sent my passport, five P60s and five council tax statements for the 5 years, plus one employment confirmation letter to back up the P60s (I worked for one employer). I also had a registration card, but that was only because I'm an EEA A2 national and we had some extra work restrictions. As a German national you didn't need a registration card.

No need to include other HMRC documents or benefits letter or anything else if you can prove your work history and address for the 5-yr qualifying period.

The 5-yr period you choose needs to end before the birth of the baby.

Good luck.

PS. I'm not a solicitor, this is just my humble opinion.

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 pm

If I were you, I would try to simulate a PR application online for yourself (you don't have to submit it, just get to the end of it and see what documents the system will ask you to prove your PR status).

Einstein007
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Einstein007 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Thx Twgal, really helpful.

Do I need to include my original passport for the baby's application? if not, how will they know I'm german.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 am

If they indeed require some sort of identification from you for the baby's application, you can also use your German ID card and keep your passport. I applied for naturalisation using my German ID card.

PS: Not sure if you can use NCS when going the MN1 route, but if you can they will photocopy your documents there and you can take all the originals home.

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am

Einstein007 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm
Do I need to include my original passport for the baby's application? if not, how will they know I'm german.
I do not know but I suspect yes. Ring the passport office and ask them... they are more responsive than the HO immigration office.