ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing P45's and P60's

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moosh41
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Missing P45's and P60's

Post by Moosh41 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for my naturalisation and am not able to provide all the P45's or P60's.
I have been in the UK since 2005, I came on a working holiday visa so for the first year only had contract work.

I got married in 2007 and started my settlement journey, I had mostly contract work for the first 4 years of being in the UK. I can provide P45's and P60's only from 2014, nothing for before then as most was contract work. HMRC can only provide for 5 years, is this correct?

Is there any other way I cam get this information or can I submit without. I could try and contact my previous employers but as far as I am aware 2 of the companies are not in operation in the UK anymore, They were recruitment agencies I did contract work for.

Surely with all my previous applications there should be some sort of record of my employment history as I have been going through the immigration process since 2007.

I am concerned about the deadline as I believe the fees are going up again in April, is this correct.

Any help will be much appreciated as I saved for a long time to get the funds together and don't want to loose it all if I am not able to provide all the documents.

I am going to the Checking service to submit my documents, will they let me off for not having all of it or are they strict.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just really confused and anxious about all of this.

Thank you in advance for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Missing P45's and P60's

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Are P45's and P60's mandatory?

Many do not submit them and NCS don't take them from you most of the time (unless on the EEA/EU route).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Moosh41
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moosh41 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Thank you for your comment.

This is in the guide, I am a South African National so not on the EEA or EU route.

1.48 - 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.

KS2

Post by KS2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm

I am South African too, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, NCS did not take my P45s/P60s when I applied. I am still waiting to hear on my application from 20 Dec.......

GabriellaG
Mood:
South Africa

Post by GabriellaG » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 am

Hi,

Have you registered online with HMRC to view your personal tax record? Once you have registered you will have access to all your tax and National Insurance contributions since you were first here.
This is for non-self employed people too. https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account

I printed this off and used as proof of my working for a few years as couldn't get hold of P60 for 3 years. I did get my employer to write a letter from 10 years ago stating i was employed full time with my payroll / tax number.

Hope this helps.