ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Name on a Biometric Residency Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Andyc_999
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing Name on a Biometric Residency Permit

Post by Andyc_999 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi,

My wife has ILR in place already and has a Bioemetric Residence Permit. We are in the process of changing her surname on the relevant documents and she recently received her Brazilian passport back with her new surname on. We have therefore applied to change the name on the permit as there seems to be conditions that this is changed in 3 months or so.

She applied (using form NTL) last week and I would like to enquire as to whether anyone has experience of how long the process took to change the name on the permit? I thought (rather naively it seems) that this might be a fairly quick process given that it is not a new application etc. However it seems from the Home Office website that they might just lump in these applications with a new application given that they are quoting a 6 month turnaround.

The issue is that we have travel plans in both March and May. Is there any change of us having the permit back then?! I would imagine there is no way of expediting the application now, although I will write to them this week. I was reluctant to pay over £1,000 for the quick turnaround time given that it was simply a name change.

So do they treat these applications differently and process quicker? Or is this a 6 month wait for a simple name change.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

ajt85
Newly Registered

Re: Changing Name on a Biometric Residency Permit

Post by ajt85 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi Andy,

It sounds as if I am in the same situation as your wife was - am about to apply to change my name via NTL. I'm hoping your wife has had the BRP approved by now, how long did it take please?

Thanks
Amy