ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about source of cash savings declaration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Minne
Newly Registered

Question about source of cash savings declaration

Post by Minne » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello,

I am going to apply for spouse visa for my husband, who is from Malaysia. My current income is from my job and the gross income is £14,400. I have around £40,000 saving in my account which was given by some close family members by cash as a wedding gift over a year ago. I don't have evidence like bank transfer that can prove it was given by them as a gift. May I know what I can do to prove the money is mine?

Please help me. Thank you.

Phoebian
inactive
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question about source of cash savings declaration

Post by Phoebian » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi,

I believe you just need to show you had the savings in your name for the last 6 months. I do not believe you have to show originally where the money came from.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Phoebian wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm
I do not believe you have to show originally where the money came from.
This would be correct, however HO can and often do ask for evidence of the source of funds, so applicants should be prepared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Minne
Newly Registered

Post by Minne » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:03 pm
Phoebian wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm
I do not believe you have to show originally where the money came from.
This would be correct, however HO can and often do ask for evidence of the source of funds, so applicants should be prepared.
Thank you both of you.

May I know what I can use as an evidence? Because the money was given by cash, I do not have any copy of bank transaction can be used as an evidence. The money has been holding in the account for over then a year, if I provide one year bank statements, would it be better? Thank you.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:37 am

Bank statement from the time when money was deposited to your account and also bank statement from the person who took out the money from their account to give to you.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease