ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any entrepreneur who has got patents?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Any entrepreneur who has got patents?

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:14 am

Hello,

Anybody who can offer any advice on patent applications. If you have been granted or in the process of applying for a software patent. I am trying to understand difference in methods those of a software and a business, it is indeed a solution to a business problem and is innovative. I am thinking to apply it in UK will it offer any protection till we complete the application here before applying in the USA. Or do you suggest applying to WIPO who I currently can not afford before seeking some sort of funding for growth. Any advice will be appreciated.

Have a good day!

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Any entrepreneur who has got patents?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:32 am

This is not an immigration related question, neither does a registered patent have any bearing on an application.

You need to research and contact the patent office regarding this query.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... rty-office
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:38 am

Apologies and thank you for the advice.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Only relevance to immigration. I added a copy of our granted patent and 2 sentences on our pending patents to covering letter. It certainly does not hurt (under genuineness) in impressing CW