ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irfan5426
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa

Post by Irfan5426 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:14 pm

I will appreciate if I can get some advise here

Indefinite was granded in Sep 2016 after 5 years of Tier 2 General. I didn’t apply for British Passport yet.

I have four dependent

Wife
Elder Daughter (11 years old)
Second Daughter (9 years old)
Youngest Daughter (4 years old)

My family lived with me here to work permit dependent Visa from Year 2015 to 2017. Due to my financial issues I was not able to apply there Visa at that time and I have send them back to Pakistan last year Aug two days before their valid visa expires.

As I said before ... I had financial issues banks loans credit cards etc. Now I am not able to pay back to banks but I m going to financial Company who told me they will take back all credit cards etc and I will pay back like £100 per month now onwards.

Is this going to effect on my dependents my family members Visa because I am about to apply for them in Pakistan (dependent Visa application) ????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:04 pm

HO is only interested in seeing evidence that you meet the financial requirement for their settlement visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:33 pm

In order to sponsor your wife and 3 children for their Settlement visas, you will have to show minimum income of £27,200 p.a

The visa fees will currently be £1,464 x 4 = £5856. In addition to the visa fees you will also have to pay the £600 NHS surcharge for each applicant (£2400), bringing the total to £8256.

However, the NHS surcharge is about in increase substantially, and the visa fees are likely to rise on the 6th April 2018. :idea:

Your wife will also need to pass the A1 English test with a Home Office approved test provider.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 pm

They dont care what is going out as long as your income coming in is above the minimum required.

If you got ILR your better off getting your passport sorted then registering you children as British citizens if they meet the criteria, then apply for the wife on a spouse visa.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:53 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 pm
They dont care what is going out as long as your income coming in is above the minimum required.

If you got ILR your better off getting your passport sorted then registering you children as British citizens if they meet the criteria, then apply for the wife on a spouse visa.
The children are not UK born and cannot apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:25 am

Not necessarily correct,

If the father has ILR and is a naturalized BC he will be a BC otherwise than by descent. This citizenship can then be passed on to the children via them being registered using form MN1.

But yeah since he hasn't got passport sorted etc probably best for him to Apply for all as Dependents of spouse.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:37 am

CR001 - you are correct. I tried editing post wont let me.

Realized age of kids and they were born before IL - so his only option is Spouse visa + dependents. If he had been naturalized then would have been able to pass on citizenship even if kids werent born in UK.