ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved. Varied from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR 10 Years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Devin
Pakistan

ILR Approved. Varied from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR 10 Years

Post by Devin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:43 pm

Alhamdo lillah I received my ILR approval today.

I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension in July 2017.
Biometric done last week of August and very next day complex letter was issued.
No correspondence till December.
Varied in December to ILR at Sheffield PSC.
After 2 hours case worker gave me further checks required letter
Started chasing them after 4 weeks
Sent couple of letters to case worker. Also sent few emails and a complaint letter.
Case worker responded to letter saying case still on hold and further checks required.

Email response received stating email forwarded to relevant department for further action.

Last week MP contacted them but they told MP Tier 1 application was void in December and new ILR application still within timeframe.

Emailed Pre Action Protocol Letter on 1st of February.

All Tier 1 Entrepreneur documents posted by UKvI on 4th February.

Collected from post office today as I missed the delivery.

BRP not received yet.

My friend's Tier1 Entrepreneur extension was approved 2 weeks ago. After waiting for 16 months he sent them PAP and within 2 weeks his visa was approved. It cannot be a coincidence. HO is definitely scared of PAP.

Good Luck to all those who are still waiting.

mmohsin18
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Approved. Varied from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR 10 Years

Post by mmohsin18 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:20 am

Hi
COngrats on getting a decision . Can u explain what is PAP ?
I applied for ILR in person and I was given a further check letter,it has been a month now and no response . Shall I contact them?
Thanks

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:36 am

Devin wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:43 pm
Alhamdo lillah I received my ILR approval today.

I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension in July 2017.
Biometric done last week of August and very next day complex letter was issued.
No correspondence till December.
Varied in December to ILR at Sheffield PSC.
After 2 hours case worker gave me further checks required letter
Started chasing them after 4 weeks
Sent couple of letters to case worker. Also sent few emails and a complaint letter.
Case worker responded to letter saying case still on hold and further checks required.

Email response received stating email forwarded to relevant department for further action.

Last week MP contacted them but they told MP Tier 1 application was void in December and new ILR application still within timeframe.

Emailed Pre Action Protocol Letter on 1st of February.

All Tier 1 Entrepreneur documents posted by UKvI on 4th February.

Collected from post office today as I missed the delivery.

BRP not received yet.

My friend's Tier1 Entrepreneur extension was approved 2 weeks ago. After waiting for 16 months he sent them PAP and within 2 weeks his visa was approved. It cannot be a coincidence. HO is definitely scared of PAP.

Good Luck to all those who are still waiting.
Congratulations Devin. I also received my ILR approval letter 2 days before. You received fee and IHS refund? I haven’t mine. What should do for this?
Regards

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 am

mmohsin18 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:20 am
Hi
COngrats on getting a decision . Can u explain what is PAP ?
I applied for ILR in person and I was given a further check letter,it has been a month now and no response . Shall I contact them?
Thanks
PAP is Pre Action Protocol letter. It is sent before starting Judicial Review. You should definitely chase them. Every case is different but if you keep chasing them constantly it might speed up the process. It also depends on how long you have been waiting over all. Good Luck

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:33 am

amnaali03 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:36 am

Congratulations Devin. I also received my ILR approval letter 2 days before. You received fee and IHS refund? I haven’t mine. What should do for this?
Regards
Thanks. I have not received the refund yet. Others have reported that it takes a while before they issue it. I think you can email them on their Public Enquiries email address.
When I previously asked them about refund they said it will be issued when decision is made. I will contact them again today.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am

Hi Devin,
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experiences.
I posted my ILR application in July 2016 still waiting for the outcome. I am unaware that PAP can be used to expedite the process. I am going to try this.
Did you use any legal representative?
What you have mentioned in Type of Claim ?
Please advice.

Thanks

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 am

ilr-dep wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am
Hi Devin,
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experiences.
I posted my ILR application in July 2016 still waiting for the outcome. I am unaware that PAP can be used to expedite the process. I am going to try this.
Did you use any legal representative?
What you have mentioned in Type of Claim ?
Please advice.

Thanks
Many believe you cannot go for a Judicial Review just because your case has been delayed however I personally believe that UKvi cannot justify their inhumane and negligent behavious in court. ( if it goes to court). And they do not have enough resources ( enough money & legal team).

I did not use any solicitor. I always prepare my own case. There is a proforma on UKVI website which can be used for PAP but I drafted my own letter.

I just mentioned the full history such as when application was made, how they sent complex letter immediately after I submitted biometric letter without any reason, about all the letyers, emails and complaint I sent, about financial loss and impact on personal life and business.

So basically mention everything you been through. Its really insane that your case is pending since July 2016. What checks HO can be possibly do which takes this long. Even if they were to send people to visit every department physically and obtain all the information, would have taken less time.

If you send PAP make sure you send it to correct email or postal address. Include your personal details such as name dob address case Id etc.

Here is a link for form. Email and postal address mentioned on last page I think

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ial-review

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you for the quick response. I will prepare and post it. Hope they will take action asap.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:50 am

ilr-dep wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am
Thank you for the quick response. I will prepare and post it. Hope they will take action asap.
I emailed them as its quicker and easier but post should be fine. Good Luck.