ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Status Document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhijack

Immigration Status Document

Post by abhijack » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Does a visa stamped onto a passport classifies as an Immigration Status Document?
If not whats classed as one?

Many thanks.

secret.simon

Re: Immigration Status Document

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Do you mean "Immigration Status Document" as defined in this document? Its definition is given on Pages 20-21 of that document.
An Immigration Status Document (ISD) is issued to those non EEA migrants who were granted permission to remain in the UK and who do not possess their national passport. You may see an ISD in cases where the holder has been granted discretionary leave, humanitarian protection or refugee status.

ISDs contain a UK Residence Permit endorsement. It also has a section providing further details of the holder’s status and personal details. You should note that we now issue Biometric Residence Permits instead of ISDs. There will, however, be valid ISDs in circulation and which will demonstrate a right to work while remaining current (i.e. have not time expired) and presented with an official document giving the person’s National Insurance number and name issued by a Government agency or a previous employer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.