ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1 ENTRE EXTENSION REFUSED!!!CONFUSED! NNEEED URGENT ADVICE!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danu2311
India

TIER1 ENTRE EXTENSION REFUSED!!!CONFUSED! NNEEED URGENT ADVICE!

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am

Hi All
I had been a silent spectator until now but i am in a fix now and need urgent advice and guidance from all of you experts here.

Was granted tier 1 entrepreneur 50k route(post- psw) in March 2014 until march 2017. Had shown registered as both self employed and also director of a new company just for the domain name and it is still active.

Applied for extension in march 2017 and aftr long wait got decision as VISA REFUSED on 7th feb 2018. Reason being "companies house appointment letter not provided". Can go for AR.

I have chosen to provide the evidence for being self employed as given in the ukba guidance that i can choose which evidence to supply if i have acted in both capacities.

Reason for refusal is totally invalid because i had been registered as self employed and claimed points for being self employed and provided the latest letters from hmrc and everythng needed for self employed category but they refused on basis of director category for which i have mot claimed.

What to do now. Wil AR help in any way in this regard? Wat can be done if AR Refused too?? :(

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: TIER1 ENTRE EXTENSION REFUSED!!!CONFUSED! NNEEED URGENT ADVICE!

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:55 am

Yes, this should be easy to get overturned in AR provided you have provided evidence for both registered within 6 months of grant and also within 3 months of extension application.
Was that the only reason?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks for your reply

Yes it was the only reason. I have applied under self employed capacity and provided for both registered within 6 months and 3 months if extension application.

Did not get any points for attributes under appendix A

But why did he reject on director basis for which i have not applied

Thanks

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:27 am

Better to explain them in a cover letter nowadays mostly case work did not know a lot of things if you applied as self-employed and tick on application Self-employed why he considers your application as Director and current appointment report same happened my friend.

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37 am

Yes exactly it is just silly and that too after taking an year's time of processing.

Can we include cover letter for AR. I think need to explain in the 1000 words given.

Any advice if AR gets refused too. Hopefully it doesnot
:?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:21 am

danu2311 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 am
Thanks for your reply

Yes it was the only reason. I have applied under self employed capacity and provided for both registered within 6 months and 3 months if extension application.

Thanks
Did you submit any information regarding your limited company? If so, then that could explain why the CW was looking for that.
This is always a potential problem when you submit unnecessary documents- the guidance and application form clearly advice you not to submit additional documents.
But I am surprised you haven’t got any points. What is the documentation you provided for investment and job creation attributes ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:21 am
danu2311 wrote:
Thanks for your reply

Thanks
Did you submit any information regarding your limited company? If so, then that could explain why the CW was looking for that.
This is always a potential problem when you submit unnecessary documents- the guidance and application form clearly advice you not to submit additional documents.
But I am surprised you haven’t got any points. What is the documentation you provided for investment and job creation attributes ?
Yes marcnath I have submitted only the registration document of the limited company which is not necessary in a way.

In the application i have ticked only for the self employed option and submitted docs for registering within 6 months of grant amd 3 mnths before application from HMRC

I Have been awarded points for job creation and funds maintenance which is 40 points total

So can this be rectified in the AR as thy have overlooked my self employed option completely

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:15 am

So frustrating and painful when one see the professional incompetence displayed by some CW, as if they don't know what is at stake. And especially taking a whole year for that matter and the only thing they could come up with is a refusal based on CAR. If I am a CW I would've google typed to check the details of the activeness of the company or better still send an email to request. I guess the CW is in quite a hurry to clear his/her desk of backlogged applications.

AR should be easy...hopefully (and prayerfully).

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 am

danu2311 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am
marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:21 am
danu2311 wrote:
Thanks for your reply

Thanks
No marcnath I have not submitted any information regarding limited company

In the application i have ticked only for the self employed option and submitted docs for registering within 6 months of grant amd 3 mnths before application from HMRC

I Have been awarded points for job creation and funds maintenance which is 40 points total

So can this be rectified in the AR as thy have overlooked my self employed option completely

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:48 am

Yes, this should be easy to get overturned.
Keep the argument concise. The shorter and sharper the better.
Just state the appropriate attribute and the document that supports it.
Mention that CAR is irrelevant as self employed documents are submitted.

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks a lot for the assurance. Hope AR gets through positively.
Yes wil be concise while explaining

How could the CW be so insensible in reviewing and refusing for such silly reason

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

danu2311 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 am

How could the CW be so insensible in reviewing and refusing for such silly reason
I think its your fault by submitting documents for both self employed and registered company documents. Just explain in the AR in a very precise manner and mention the documents you sent to get points.
Good luck
Bizman

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:41 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:48 am
Thankyou marcnath

So which of the following reasons can i choose in AR online form for refusal
1) applied the immigration rules correctlt
2) failed to apply the Secretary of States's relevant published policy and guidance

Also a minor doubt regarding HMRC letter which should be provided within 6 months of grant. Actually i had been registered as self employed during my psw in july 2013 and provided the same which is well before the intial entrepreneur grant which was given in march 2014-2017

Thanks in advance

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:45 am

bizman wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am
danu2311 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 am

I think its your fault by submitting documents for both self employed and registered company documents. Just explain in the AR in a very precise manner and mention the documents you sent to get points.
Good luck
No sorry i have not submitted ant documents for being a director. I have edited the post above.
I have claimed points for only being self employed

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Ok. Just ensure you are very straight to the point. Explain why its a CW error. Mention how you got the points and why the decision was made in error. Emphasize you did work as self employed. Best of luck.
Bizman

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:04 pm

danu2311 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:41 am
marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:48 am
Thankyou marcnath

So which of the following reasons can i choose in AR online form for refusal
1) applied the immigration rules correctlt
2) failed to apply the Secretary of States's relevant published policy and guidance

Also a minor doubt regarding HMRC letter which should be provided within 6 months of grant. Actually i had been registered as self employed during my psw in july 2013 and provided the same which is well before the intial entrepreneur grant which was given in march 2014-2017

Thanks in advance
I am actually not sure, but 2) seems more appropriate.
within 6 months of grant is ok if it was before.

nevergiveup88
India

Post by nevergiveup88 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm

DANU2311
Have you received IHS patial refund , did you face interview as well . Please advise . Thanks

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm

nevergiveup88 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm
DANU2311
Have you received IHS patial refund , did you face interview as well . Please advise . Thanks
No did not receive any refund and no interview too

nevergiveup88
India

Post by nevergiveup88 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:29 pm

It’s really un acceptable after a long wait got Refusal , god willing Your AR would be successfull
Good luck

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:04 pm

nevergiveup88 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:29 pm
It’s really un acceptable after a long wait got Refusal , god willing Your AR would be successfull
Good luck
Yes it is very unacceptable. Hope everythng goes well in AR. Thankyou!

mohsensari

Post by mohsensari » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 pm

I think he submitted company documents because policy guidance v11/2016 wasn’t updated In regard of self-employed required documents for last 3 months activity HO wanted some documents from HMRC which weren’t issued since April 2015 (NIC CLASS2 bill / payment / direct debit) he should have just claim it for last 3 month activity.
But I’m wondering how CW just refused because of missing the CAR ? If CW miss understood should’ve refused because of DL agreement/ share ? Have CW ever looked the account?

praz
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by praz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 pm

what does CAR stands for

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi sorry on your refusal...

if you want to claim only selfemployed then dont forget to send the selfemployed letter that will show when did you start as sole trader (you need to ask hmrc).

It happend with me in first extension , i successfully won my case later.
Best Regards

Rockey

mohsensari

Post by mohsensari » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Rockey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:04 pm

if you want to claim only selfemployed then dont forget to send the selfemployed letter that will show when did you start as sole trader (you need to ask hmrc).

Policy guidance has been corrected after April 2017 you can send any document from Hmrc and self assessment.

danu2311
India

Post by danu2311 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Rockey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Did u win in AR? Was it extension application