ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mothers Visitor Visa Refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tnila
India

Visa for parent - Ties to home country

Post by tnila » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:13 am

Hi there,

Apologies if my question is too vague.

I am inviting my mother over to the UK for a couple of months, my question is regarding proving ties to home country (India). As my parents live in the village so most of the documents are in regional language (Marathi), so I am planning to attach following documents (in English) to prove ties to home country:
1. Saving bank account letter from bank
2. Land ownership documents.

Can you guys please comment if that will be sufficient or is there anything else I can think of adding to the list?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for parent - Ties to home country

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:57 pm

tnila wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:13 am
1. Saving bank account letter from bank
2. Land ownership documents.
You may have misunderstood what is meant by "ties". It means reasons for going back there after the visit. Neither of these things seem to show that.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

tnila
India

Post by tnila » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Thank you for your reply, can you please suggest what are possible documents that I can attach to prove ties to home country?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:12 pm

tnila wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:02 pm
Thank you for your reply, can you please suggest what are possible documents that I can attach to prove ties to home country?
There is no list of possible documents, because the relevant evidence depends on the facts of the applicant's life, not vice versa.

See also https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -documents
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

tnila
India

Mothers Visitor Visa Refused

Post by tnila » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 am

Hi Guys,

Recently my mother applied for UK Standard Visitor Visa from India which was refused. Her circumstances are:
1. My mother owns land, which is cultivated so we mentioned her as self-employed with yearly income
2. We attached bank statements and certificate of fix deposit from the bank
3. As all/most of transaction in rural India are done in cash so there are no regular bank deposits

Reason for the refusal:
1. From refusal letter - "There is no indication that the funds in these accounts have been generated through your stated employment. This causes me to doubt your circumstances are as claimed and I am not satisfied that you have presented an accurate picture of your economic circumstances in India."

Can you guys please give me your advice, how can I prove/convince clearing office that her income is valid though there are no bank entries, as this is the reality most of our rural economy in India is cash.

I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks.

rajrea
Mood:
India

Re: Mothers Visitor Visa Refused

Post by rajrea » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 am

tnila wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 am
Hi Guys,
Recently my mother applied for UK Standard Visitor Visa from India which was refused. Her circumstances are:
1. My mother owns land, which is cultivated so we mentioned her as self-employed with yearly income
2. We attached bank statements and certificate of fix deposit from the bank
3. As all/most of transaction in rural India are done in cash so there are no regular bank deposits

Reason for the refusal:
1. From refusal letter - "There is no indication that the funds in these accounts have been generated through your stated employment. This causes me to doubt your circumstances are as claimed and I am not satisfied that you have presented an accurate picture of your economic circumstances in India."

Thanks.

Hi Tnila,

As you have mentioned that your mom is self-employed as she owns some agriculture land - Here Visa officer wants to see regular income to her bank account as she was self-employed.

My advise is wait for 1 week to 10 days and re-apply making some changes when filling next application form...
Below are my suggestions

WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT WORKING STATUS ? - SUPPORTED BY SPOUSE/PARTNER/OTHER

DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES OR OTHER
INCOME, FOR EXAMPLE FROM STOCKS AND SHARES?

YES

Also I believe that there are some "xxx" amount of money is available in your mother account ....which will be her savings as she got properties in her name.

Also provide a copy of property documents along with English Translation and write on top of the documents saying " Property owned by me " . To make easy to understand to case worker.

When filling the application mention the visa refusal reason as - No proper evidence submitted.
Here is the checklist for visit visa

Visa Appointment Letter
Application Form :
Main Cover Letter
Bank Statements (savings & fixed deposits)
Property Translated Document
Property Document Xerox ( Property Owned by me )
Lease Agreements if you have any ( Document showing applicant do receive rental income )

Person living in UK Invitation letter
Person living in UK passport and Visa copies staple
Person living in UK Salary Slips
Person living in UK Bank Statements
Accountant letter if self employed
Tenancy Agreement

tnila
India

Post by tnila » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:47 am

Thank you, @rajrea.

Appreciate your detailed response.

I have a question regarding -
WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT WORKING STATUS ? - SUPPORTED BY SPOUSE/PARTNER/OTHER
In the previous application we have mentioned:
    What is your employment status? - Self-employed
      What is your job? - Agriculturist
        How much do you earn from this job in a year? - xxxx INR

Changing the employment status to SUPPORTED BY SPOUSE/PARTNER/OTHER will contradict with what we said in the earlier application, please help on this.

Thanks again.

tnila
        India

Post by tnila » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Any help on this guys?

aarthiv
        Newly Registered
        India

Post by aarthiv » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 am

Hi

Even I am in the same situation, I am planning to bring my Father and Mother both whereas their income from Farming is managed through cash only and there are deposits in their bank account quarterly when they get profit from agriculture , But isn't t any frequent withdrawal and deposits managed in the account.

I am unsure whether I need to fill my father as self employed / unemployed

Did you mentioned in the additional comments section, about all these ?

tnila
        India

Post by tnila » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Hello,

When I applied the first time I mentioned my mother as self-employed, and she got rejected as bank statement was not having supporting entries to prove income.

I did not write anything about income in the additional comment section during the first application.

I am in the process of re-applying for my mother. Still confused how to prove/explain that our income is in cash. Someone suggested explaining this in the cover letter, which I have not done yet.

Let's see if someone with similar experience comment here to help us out.